Chapter 24

a/n: Please read the description first, thanks!

~Y/n's pov~

"Sam Owens. Dr. Sam Owens. How many people are at the lab? I don't know how many people are there! I don't know how many people are left alive! Have you contacted the police? I am the police! Chief Jim Hopper! Is there a number I can reach you? Yes, the number that I gave you, yes." Hopper yelled into the phone. "Okay, yes, I got it. 6767. I will be there." he hung up.

"They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin asked. "We'll see." Hopper said. "We'll see?" Mike repeated in disbelief. "We can't just sit here while those things are loose!"

"We stay here and we wait for help." Hopper said then walked away.

We all sat around the dinning table in silence. I fidgeted with my fingers as Mike stood up and picked up Bob's invention (or whatever they are) "Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" Mike said.

"Really?" Lucas asked. "He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fundraiser for equipment. Mr.Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?"

"Yeah." We agreed. "We can't just let him die in vain."

"What do you want to do, Mike? The chiefs right on this. We can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own."

"Demo-dogs?" Max questioned. "Demogorgon, dogs. Demo-dogs." Dustin tried to explain. "It's like a compound. It's like a play of words-"

"Okay." Max cuts him off. "I mean, when it was just Dart, maybe."

"But there's an army now." Lucas said "Precisely."

"His army." I muttered.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked. "His army. Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army too." Mike explained.

We rushed to Will's drawing "The Shadow Monster. It got Will that day on the field." I said

"The doctor said it was like a virus, it infected him." Mike said. "And so this virus, it's connecting him to the tunnels?" Max questioned. "To the tunnels, monsters, the Upside Down, everything." I said.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down." Steve said. "Okay, so if the Shadow Monster's inside everything, and if the vines feel something like pain then so does Will. Mike explained.

"As well as Dart, and all those other dogs." I said. "Demo-dogs." Dustin corrected "And all those other Demo-dogs." I sighed. Dustin smiled.

"Like what Mr.Clarke taught us. The Hive Mind." Lucas agreed. "'Hive Mind'?" Steve questioned.

"A collective consciousness. It's a super-organism. And this is the thing that controls everything. It's like the brain." Dustin explained.

"Like the Mind Flayer." I realized.

"The what?" Steve and Max asked.

"The Mind Flayer." Dustin exclaimed as he slammed our D&D manual on the table. "What the hell is that?" Hopper asked.

"It's a monster from an unknown dimension. It's so ancient that it doesn't even know it's true home. Okay, it enslaves races of other dimensions by taking over their brains using its highly developed psionic powers." Dustin explained.

"Oh my God. None of this is real. This is a kids game." Hopper exclaimed.

"No, it's a manual." Dustin corrected "And it's not for kids. And unless you know something that we don't, this is the best metaphor-"