The building looks new, elegant and expensive. Even being on the first floor, you can hear the music blasting out of the speaker. Wanda, Peter and you enter the building and head to the elevator, marking the top floor as Tony instructed. 

As the elevator doors open, the first thing you can see is Tony and Steve arguing about something while Natasha rolls her beautiful green eyes at them.

"I told you this was a bad idea. What if she doesn't show up because you made her uncomfortable?" Steve hisses at Tony.

"She will show up, Rogers." Tony rubs his temples.

"She's already here." Natasha smiles at you.

"Hi guys, sorry we're late." Wanda says as her gaze shoots daggers at you and Peter.

"No worries. Impressively you don't smell like cow poop. I see you decided to bathe?" Tony smiles sarcastically.

"Always so funny..." You roll your eyes at him.

"You girls look beautiful." Steve says, kissing your cheek and then Wanda's.

"Thanks, Steve." You smile nervously.

"You look fire babe but it's time for you to meet everyone." Natasha hugs you.

A lump forms in your stomach and throat, making your palms start to sweat and your heart start racing. The fear of not knowing how the rest of the team might react to your staying and that you are now part of them making your stomach churn.

"Is there anything I should say or shouldn't do?" You stutter, your heart racing even faster when you see Bucky walking towards you.

"It's better if you keep your mouth shut. They already hate everyone." Bucky smirks. His piercing blue gaze staring right at yours before roaming down your body.

"Don't listen to him, he's an asshole." Natasha chuckles, turning to shoot a death glare at Bucky, who shrugs.

Steve takes you to the main room where everyone is gathered, introduces you to each one on the team and it turns out that they are all very friendly and funny.

"So, Y/n, what brings you here?" Maria Hill asks, taking a swig from her beer bottle.

"Well I—"

"We don't know that yet." Steve interrupts you, gently placing his hand on the small of you back. "She's lost her memory."

His soft and delicate touch sending butterflies to your stomach and warming the skin under his hand. You look up to find his soft blue eyes looking down at you with gentleness and sympathy.

"So, you have no memories, you don't know what you're doing here and you don't know where you come from?" King T'Chala asks with a frown, making your stomach twist at how suspicious it must sound for them.

"Lady Y/n is a mysterious girl." Thor smiles kindly at you, easing the lump on your throat.

"Didn't you find the whole thing suspicious?" The one and only Director Fury steps in, looking at you with strong and indecisive eyes.

"A girl shows up from nowhere and you decide to take her in without knowing anything about her or her past?" Fury walks towards you.

And there it is again.

"I'm not—" Tears burning the back of your eyes as he looks at you.

"What if she's lying? What if she does remember and it's here just to get information?" His huge frame towering you.

"I-I'm not!" You choke.

"Fury, that's enough." Natasha tells him, walking in between you and him.

"She's here and she's not going anywhere anytime soon." Steve demands.