xxxvi. redbone

" Daylight,

I wake up feeling like you won't play right

I used to know but now, that shit don't feel right

It made me put away my pride "

--CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX--

December 24, 1979

Tuesday

12:30 am

Nightmares were something that plagued the mind of young Evan Rosier. Growing up in a pureblood household was difficult, but growing up with who was considered his family was a nightmare. Evan was never happy there in the mansion. He had always wished that he was born into an ordinary family where they would spend holidays together rather than getting together to torture their kids for sport. But he never got that, and as he grew older, he realized that he didn't need to stay. His parents never truly cared about him; usually, all their attention revolved around his older siblings, who were already married and death eaters. Once he got to Hogwarts, Evan thought it would be the perfect time to take back his life at the young age of eleven. He made his friends outside of his house and completely ignored anyone close to his family. Well, except Regulus, of course. Evan was quite friendly with everyone he came across despite being from one of the most dangerous wizarding families in the world. He wanted to show everyone that he was nothing like them, which was exactly what he did. In Hogwarts, he was loved by many, even the professors. People all over the castle enjoyed his presence, even if he was a Rosier. He spent all his life proving people wrong, but mostly he spent his entire life reassuring himself that he was nothing like his family.

----

Evan took both Regulus and Arabella's hands nervously as they made the jump to the following location. Evan had no idea what finding a Horcrux might have entailed, but he was sure that it was going to be anything but pleasant.

"Where are we?" asked Regulus. Evan took his time to look around. They were standing on a beach where the sand turned into rocks, and the rocks turned into water, which means that there isn't much of a beach, just a small sliver of land that leads to the entrance of what looked like a cave. It was eerie. This was definitely a place that Evan never imagined he'd be, but nevertheless, he was ready for whatever came his way. Well, at least he thought he was.

"Alright, this is what we are going to do. One of you and I will go into the cave and find the Horcrux. The other will wait outside and wait; if something goes wrong, we will need you," Arabella said, looking at them both in the eyes while simultaneously wrapping her wrist with what looked like silver pearls. The pearls, they have learned, helped her keep her elemental powers from getting too out of hand.