xxvii. if i believe you

" And if I believe you

Will that make it stop?

If I told you I need you

Is that what you want? "

--CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN--

July 20, 1978

Thursday

11:00 pm

Shit! that was Arabella's first thought as she entered her living room that Thursday night. Evan's eyes were so cold; it reminded her a lot of how Draco Malfoy would look at her. He was sitting on the floor with her scrapbook in his hand; he had seen everything. All her memories. Her family. Her friends. Her timeline. It was all there. It was the only memory book she had taken before she went on the run.

"Who the fuck are you?" Evan asked again, finally get up with his wand raised to her neck; she didn't even have time to react; all she did was stumble backward.

Arabella held out her hands for protection, "Ev-"

"Don't call me that."

"Evan," she tried again, "please let me explain."

Evan let out a humorless laugh, "Oh yeah? How the fuck are you going to explain something like this? Have you been lying to me? To us? This whole time?"

Arabella didn't know how to approach something like this. Evan looked like he would send a hex her way if she said something he didn't like. So she went with the logical choice.

"I'm from the future!" she exclaimed.

Smooth, you idiot. She thought.

Evan didn't even try to hide his denial, "Ya, and I'm straight. Really who the fuck are you?!"

She slowly took a few steps towards him, "I swear I am! You saw it for yourself, in the book. Those pictures are all dated twenty years in the future."

Evan's crazy smile instantly fell off his face, and his eyes landed back on the pictures on the floor. "But- how? Why? How is that even possible?" he spat out.

"Look, sweetheart, put down your wand and let me make you some tea. You going to want to sit down for this," she responded calmly. 

Evan, thankfully, took a moment to consider his options but ended up putting down his wand and walked towards the kitchen with Arabella following. He stood in silence while she prepared the kettle. She couldn't believe he had found out how stupid she was to think he would never find something like this. Arabella poured the freshly made tea into two cups and gestured for Evan to sit on the kitchen table. He hesitantly did as he was told; though his eyes didn't convey the warmth they always did, Evan still narrowed them at her. She didn't blame him.