xix. sweet talk

" Sweet talk

Everything you say

It sounds like

Sweet talk to my ears "

--CHAPTER NINETEEN--

April 4, 1978

Tuesday

7:30 pm

"Sir, I honestly don't know how I did it," Arabella said while she sunk deeper into her chair.

It had fifteen minutes since the meeting started, and Dumbledore had been asking endless questions about how she healed Sirius. She couldn't give him a straight answer.

"Look, when I saw him lying in bed, bleeding, I could see the dark magic festering inside him. I remembered that the centaurs told me that it was possible to take magic from people. I mean, I've done it before, not with dark magic, just with normal stuff. So I thought, how different could it be if I tried it on his wounds. You know, take out all the dark magic. So that's what I did. I don't know the logistics of it, but it happened." She finished.

Benji, Dumbledore, and McGonagall were in deep thought.

"Firenze also said that you contain that dark magic you took within yourself. Do you feel different?" ask Mcgonnagal.

Do I feel different? She thought.

As they spoke, the movement happening inside her body was muted. She could feel the dark magic swirling around and mixing with her core, but it wasn't a terrible feeling; in fact, it was like a balance: the dark and the light. Arabella also knew that she would reach her limit at one point, like a tipping scale, and one day it would tip over, and she would explode. Like what happened back in December. But at the moment, she didn't feel anything out of the ordinary.

"No, not really. I feel fine."

Everyone in the room narrowed their eyes at her, trying to figure out whether she was telling the truth or not. When they say that she was completely transparent, they let the topic go.

Dumbledore leaned back in his chair, "Alright, if you don't feel anything. But the moment you do, please come straight to us or the centaurs. Speaking of the centaurs, you should let them know what happened today. Ask if it is possible to heal people like that. Make sure you're not doing any harm to yourself."

"Aye, Aye captain," Arabella saluted him, "Another thing. How are you going to punish those boys?"

"Well, what Mr. Avery did was enough to get him expelled," Dumbledore said.