xiv. after the storm

" Yeah, do you ever wonder

What he might be going through?

On his own and the demons that he's facing alone "

--CHAPTER FOURTEEN--

December 21, 1977

Wednesday

The meeting with Dumbledore came and went, making Arabella feel a hundred times lighter, and everyone in Hogwarts had taken notice. The students had seen that a smile had returned to the young teacher's aid face. By the time the holidays came around, the student body's general population had come to know Arabella in one way or another, either from tutoring or simply having a friendly conversation in the hallway. They were happy to see that she was feeling better.

It was Wednesday morning, the day the students were scheduled to make the trip back to London. She was currently in her office, making sure she watered her plants before leaving for the great hall for breakfast. Arabella was in the middle of having a hasty conversation with one of her aconite plants when someone cleared their throat behind her.

Arabella turned around to see Evan Rosier standing by the doorway. She had gotten relatively close with the sixth year Slytherin. He was a very tall brunette boy with dark blue eyes. At first glance, he is very intimating, having inherited pureblood aristocratic features. However, his personality was completely different from his exterior look. Once someone broke through his hard outer shell, they would find that Evan Rosier was nothing but a soft-hearted comedian. Arabella believed that he would enjoy James Potter's company seeing as they had a lot in common. At first, he would come to her classroom for homework help but eventually started coming to chat about trivial things and made it their weekly routine to meet up.

She smiled at the boy, "Hello, Evan! How are you this morning?"

The boy in question entered the room and gingerly walked over to her, "I'm alright. Didn't get much sleep last night."

Arabella raised an eyebrow at him, "And why is that?"

Evan looked out the window, "I don't know; honestly, I have a lot on my mind."

"Evan, you know you can always talk to me, right?" she said while placing a hand on his shoulder.

The brunette boy simply nodded.

Arabella sighed, "Anyways, let's go get breakfast. I am starving."

They both left the classroom and started making their way over to the great hall.

"Are you staying here for Christmas, Ev?"

He nodded his head, "Yup," he said while emphasizing the 'p' in the word, "my lovely parents told me to not bother coming home this year."