vi. i'm with you

" I was just coasting till we met

You remind me just how good it can get

Well, I've been on fire, dreaming of you. "

--CHAPTER SIX--

--CHAPTER SIX--

September 1, 1977

Thursday

Arabella's eyes snapped open as she woke up the next morning with a start. Sweat and tears were freely falling down her face. She has had the same recurring nightmare ever since the summer before her fifth year at Hogwarts. She would see her parents and brother dead on the floor and their blood everywhere. Arabella tends to blame herself for what happened that night. She thinks that if she was there at the manor that night, she could have saved them. Everyone told her that it wasn't her fault, but those intruding thoughts come back every now and then.

Rather than going back to sleep, she decided to take a warm bath to calm herself down. She remembers her mother always giving her baths when she'd have nightmares; it would have happen so often throughout her childhood. Arabella was always a worrisome child, and she developed anxiety when she was a teenager, and with that anxiety came nightmares, so she already had routines set in place just if they came back. 

"Siempre voy a estar contigo, mi amor."  I'm always going to be with you, my love. Mia Santiago would always tell her daughter this whenever she was upset.  It was times like this when Arabella missed her mom the most.

Throughout that morning, she spent most of her time in her room mentally preparing for the term's first feast. Arabella knew that it would bring many memories of her own time in Hogwarts, and she had to be prepared to handle every situation that might arise in the great hall later that night.

Later that day, she met up with Benji for some late lunch, seeing as dinner wouldn't be until around 7 pm. Benji let her rant about all her worries and about seeing the people from her past that she spent so many days hearing about. He was an excellent listener, or maybe he was just polite; either way, Arabella appreciated his effort. She knew she could be a lot.

----

It was around 5 pm when she went for a walk around the grounds. Arabella just got out of the courtyard when she saw a very familiar face come into her line of vision. Hagrid. She hadn't had the chance to see him throughout the weeks she's been at the castle. Arabella always cherished her time with the friendly giant. They would spend hours talking about their mutual love of magical creatures. He was the first person who had introduced her to dragons. During her first year, Hagrid had showed her a beautiful Norwegian Ridgeback dragon. It was the most precious thing she had ever seen, and ever since that day, she has been obsessed with dragons.