vii. i'm good

" It's been a long time living this way

Worrying what people say

Feeling like I won't fit in

But I won't give up, no I won't give in ."

--CHAPTER SEVEN--

--CHAPTER SEVEN--

September 5, 1977

Monday

During the rest of the weekend, Arabella had spent her time trying to avoid the students. She was scared that she would run into any of the marauders or the girls. So she spent her time in her room, the kitchens, or with Benji. Benji and Arabella had become extremely close throughout the past few days, even though they were significantly different. Benji was level-headed and always thought through his decisions.

On the other hand, Arabella would jump headfirst into any situation; she believed it was her fatal flaw. That's why they got along so well. They leveled each other out. Arabella would freak out, and Benji would be there to calm her down. The more time she spent with Benji, the more he would remind her of Sebastian.

It was Monday morning, meaning it was the first day of classes. Arabella knew that she wouldn't have students coming for help until maybe the second week since the first week tends to be class orientations.

Arabella had got her own classroom, and she was extremely grateful for its position. It was located on the second floor, right across from the transfiguration classroom and only two corridors from the defense classroom. So she would have the company of McGonagall or Benji in case she got bored.

The classroom itself wasn't as big as the ones for core classes, but it was still a decent size, big enough for about 40 students—the night before, she had gone after curfew to decorate it. Arabella wanted the room to have an inviting and cozy vibe, so she transfigured some tables into couches and added some throw pillows and blankets, just in case the students just wanted to go in there for some quiet study time. 

She even had her own private office. It was quite small, with a large desk in the middle, some bookshelves, enough space for one chair. It had a large window that gave her a nice view of the whomping willow. Arabella decided to get some flowers from the edge of the forest and different plants from the greenhouses, with Sprout's permission to put them around her office and the classroom. Plants and books now filled the once dull office.

All of the teachers had offered her to join classes whenever she wanted, mostly because she needed to know the lessons. Not that she needed it since she got all the lesson plans from Dumbledore so she would be able to freshen up on the subjects. But that didn't mean that she wouldn't go and bother Minnie or Benji whenever she wanted. In fact, Benji had offered her to attend the first round of classes he had that Monday.