xxvi. female robbery

" And followed me to my home

I'm sure they figured it out early on

That I would never run

That they could shoot, but that's no fun "

--CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX--

July 20, 1978

Thursday

7:30 pm

Later in the evening, Arabella decided that it would be a good time to head out. She had left a list of chores that needed to get done for Evan to do; nothing incredibly hard, just the standard like washing the dishes and cleaning the living room. She had also left him strict instructions not to let anyone in and not to make too much noise. Arabella had even gone as far as putting some locking charms on the door to make sure no one got out but, more importantly, that no one came in.

Arabella had apparated to the location that Dumbledore that told her only days before. It was a huge cottage in the middle of the English countryside. The scenery was positively enchanting; there were thousands of trees and a nearby pond from what she had been able to see. It would be a lovely place to settle down, grow some roots. Arabella had absolutely no idea who it belonged to, but she assumed it was someone part of the order.

She walked up towards the entrance, with her wand in hand, and knocked on the door. She made sure to take in her surroundings for any suspicious magic, but she was no immediate threat as far as she was concerned.

The door swung open to reveal an older man. He had a broad build and slightly greying blond hair. She knew exactly who this was, Mad-Eye Moody. Though his eyes were perfectly alright, not having yet been blasted off.

"Who are you?" he grunted out with his wand raised and pointed at her face.

Arabella internally rolled her eyes, "I'm Arabella Goldstein. Dumbeldore's goddaughter." The man narrowed his blue eyes at her, and she did the same in a challenging manner. In her past life, she had gotten on rather well with Moody. Well, that's what she called it; others would say that it was a love-hate relationship, constantly fighting but immediately forgetting about it moments later.

"Arabella! Dear, you made it. Alastor put that wand down," said a familiar voice. Arabella looked pasted Moody's shoulder and spotted McGonagall in the background.

"Aunt Minnie," Arabella acknowledged. "Are you going to let me in?" she questioned the large man.

He grunted an inaudible replay but moved to the side nonetheless. She wasted no time in launching herself at her old professor in a big embrace. McGonagall led her towards the dining room, with Moody following closely behind. Arabella could feel his eyes on her, curiously looking at her as if they had met before but couldn't place where.