xxxiii. do i wanna know?

" That sticks around like summat in your teeth?

Are there some aces up your sleeve?

Have you no idea that you're in deep? "

--CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE--

November 13, 1979

Tuesday

7:00 pm

Running down the empty halls of number twelve Grimmauld Place, Regulus panted and heaved as he made his way to his room. His parents had been out of the house, visiting family friends, when he discovered something truly horrific. He didn't know who he was going to tell, but he knew that it needed to be done quickly.

Regulus would have considered going to his brother, but he quickly dismissed that thought since Sirius Black wasn't the rational type. Dumbledore was next on the list. He knew that it was the right thing to tell Dumbledore; obviously, he was a wise old man, but Regulus never found him trustworthy. The information he had just discovered was life and death, and he would rather not tell him first. So when he marked all those people off his list, he knew of one place where the information would be safe. Regulus quickly grabbed his wand and apparated away.

----

Goldstein- Rosier Household

Arabella was in the middle of putting on the kettle when she heard a loud cracking sound coming from the living room. She cautiously put down the kettle and grabbed her wand, pointing it outward in case of any immediate danger. She was about to cross the hall when a sweaty Regulus Black decided to make his presence known. From his appearance, she could tell that he was in a rush. His eyebrows were creased with worry, and his naturally calm demeanor was completely gone.

"Regulus?! Are you alright?" Arabella questioned in a concerned voice.

Regulus held his chest as he sat down on the couch, Arabella following right after. "He's insane," he mumbled out.

"Who is?"

"Voldemort."

Arabella sighed, "Regulus, that is something we already knew. I need you to tell me why you look like someone drained all the blood from your body."

"I found something out that you're never going to believe me."

"Try me," she stated, leaning back on the couch, waiting for the boy to continue as her patience was running a little thin.

"Alright, alright," he started. "I was over at the Malfoys for a meeting since that's where they are being held right now. I was walking around the manor afterward, trying to find where Cissa had gone off too. That's when I heard whispering from the Malfoy's study. Abraxas Malfoy, Nicholas Avery, and Hugo Rosier were all in there with the dark lord. They were talking about something, someplace. I didn't manage to hear the beginning of the conversation, but I think I got the most important part. Apparently, the dark lord has created something. Dark magic was something I heard. The word started with an h, but I can't remember what it was. I-"