xiii. dark side

" Welcome to my darkness, I been here a while

Clouding up the sunlight, hurting for a smile

Or something, but something always turns into nothing "

--CHAPTER THIRTEEN--

December 11, 1977

Sunday

12:00 pm

"Pssst... Bella, wake up..." Benji gently shook the sleeping girl.

Arabella whined, "No, Ben, go away. I'm tired." She said as she threw a pillow in the direction of his voice.

"Owww" was all he said. Arabella thought he had left, but her idea was proven to be wrong when he smacked her hard with the pillow.

Arabella turned to look at him with her mouth open in shock, "What the hell Ben?!" She shouted, "I almost had a near-death experience, and that's how you decide to wake me?"

Benji just shrugged, "Well, you're not dead, are you? Plus, I knew we would have been here for hours if I hadn't hit you."

Arabella started mumbling under her breath something along the lines of "I hate you, I will kill you."

"Do you have a reason for waking me up at," she looked at the clock on the wall, "noon?"

"Dumbledore has called a meeting. He wants you there."

Arabella raised her eyebrows, "An order meeting or a just us meeting?" She asked.

Benji looked down at his shoes nervously, "Just us."

Arabella scoffed, "So all it takes for the old man to call a meeting is me almost dying? Noted."

"Oh, come on, Bella, what do you have against Dumbledore? He's been nothing but kind."

"Kind?" She questioned, "He has been ignoring me since our last meeting, and that was in August! It's December, Benji. And you don't know half the things I have against that man."

Benji looked at her with a confused expression, "Then tell me, Bella."

Arabella shook her head, "No, cause they're not important, they won't happen this time around. Not if I can help it. Now please help me out of this bed."

Benji sighed but complied. He went around the bed and grab Arabella's forearm but quickly let go when she hissed in pain.

"What is it?" He worriedly questioned.