xxiii. remember when

" I can still see you at the place out there when I close my eyes

Do you remember when we felt like the only two alive?

Don't let me be one of the people that seek a lost romance

Would you go and do it all over again, given a chance? "

--CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE--

June 15, 1978

Thursday

The end of term was only one day away, and Arabella Goldstein was feeling a mixture of excitement and fear. She knew that once she stepped out of the walls of Hogwarts, the real fight would commence. She was already feeling the weight of the world on her shoulders, even though everyone kept reassuring her that she wasn't alone, but Arabella thought if things were going to be done fair and just then, she had to have a say in the matter.

Dumbeldore and Arabella had decided that she would not live at Hogwarts or work as a teacher's aid anymore. She wanted some independence rather than be watched like a child every day when living in the castle. Her training would go on like usual, only now she would have to apparate to the forbidden forest every day. Around mid-May, she had gone to muggle London and signed her first lease to her new apartment in South Kensington. It was a small two-bedroom located on the second floor of a three-story apartment complex. It had quiet neighbors, which she loved, and she would be living right in front of a park, so the scenery was gorgeous. Arabella had made sure to get a living space big enough for about two to three people because if anything were to happen to her friends, there would be more than enough room at her place. The apartment was already furnished and made into a proper home, so all that needed to happen was for her to move in.

Arabella would miss all of her students dearly, and she wondered that when the war was over if she could possibly go back and become a professor. All of the people she was close to were now all leaving and starting their new lives. James, Sirius, Alice, Marlene, and Dorcas would be starting Auror training once school was over. Lily was going to start training at St Mungo's. Peter was going to study ancient runes at what the wizard equivalent of a university. Mary had gotten an internship within the ministry with the department of magical enforcement. Lastly, Remus had decided to put his plans on hold of becoming a professor; instead, he would be giving all his time towards helping the order. The only people that were not leaving Hogwarts, whom she had gotten close to, were Regulus and Evan, though they told her they would write and come to her if they needed help.

----

June 16, 1978

Friday