Chapter One

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT!

"Sil! Wake up! It's time for work!"  Amber exclaims, shaking me from from my nightmare-filled slumber. I have been having many nightmares for the past week now. Whenever a nightmare ends, I always wake up, covered head to toe in cold sweat.

"Seriously Sil, you need to stop sleeping so much or the head maid going to turn you in to the-" Before she could say that name, my hand covered her mouth, making the rest of the sentence turn muffled. 

"Amber, NEVER say that name in front of me. Remember what I told you about him? He ruined my life." I spoke sternly, giving her a glare. 

Amber laughed, and murmured through her giggles, "But he's so cute, Sil! How could you not like that face, even that smile?" Amber sighed, giving me a big, beaming smile, and I raised my thin eyebrow at her. 

"Right..." she muttered. 

Grabbing my maid clothes, I rushed into the small bathroom we shared along with the small bedroom. Our living quarters weren't that big. It only consisted of one bedroom, with two twin beds for Amber and I, one dresser for both of us, and one bathroom, one shower, one sink, and one toilet. 

Stripping myself of my nightwear, I hopped into the shower, and pondered about my parent's death. I could remember everything single detail of that dreadful day.  

"James and Violet Cecily, you sentenced to death for disobeying your King, and your daughter will face the rest of your punishment." the herald proclaimed. My loving parents had their heads hung in shame to Alpha King Malcolm, and he stared coldly and cruelly at them. I was only eight. The executioner appeared from his left, holding a battle axe, and King Malcolm spoke in his Alpha voice, "You are being decapitated, and your weak daughter will be forced to watch. Must be a horrible thing for her to watch, but I don't care." Laughing at his own comment, he gave the signal to the executioner, but before the axe hits their necks, my father looked at me and said, "Be strong, Vasilisa! We love you!", and after his last word, both of their heads lay on the ground, facing me. "NO!" I screamed.

    It has been nine years since their death and I had to survive without them in this cruel world. I put on my maid uniform, and rushed out of the bathroom,  meeting Amber at the door who gave me my white apron and name tag, and we ran out the door, slamming it as we left. We had to clean the King's study, library, and the dining hall after meals before the sun sets. 

There was five floors of the castle, the kitchen and servant's chambers on the first floor, throne room on second, library on third, ballroom and dining hall on fourth, and the King's chambers was on the fifth. The werewolves would live in the castle forever, and we were only there for a portion of that time. Amber and I jogged up the grand staircase, along with our cleaning supplies. We had to clean the King's chambers first.

    Arriving at the King's study, Amber peeked inside the room to see if anyone, especially the King, was using the study. She gave me the all clear signal and I crept into the vacant room. Grabbing the two dusters, Amber and I started off cleaning the tables, then advancing to the higher shelves, and the fireplace. If even a speck of dust was left, we would have to clean the room all over again.

     After cleaning every room we were assigned, from dawn to dusk, we headed back down the grand staircase to our room on the first floor. Amber sighed as she opened our door, and she jumped on her bed, smashing her face into the pillow. 

I giggled, putting all of our cleaning supplies in their assigned places, and murmured, "You are hilarious, I definitely did more than you today." 

Amber's face shot up from the pillow, and she whispered, placing a finger against her mouth, "Shhh! Someone could hear you." 

Laughing, I headed into the bathroom with my purple pajamas and fluffy bunny slippers. As I was changing into my pajamas, I heard a clatter coming from our room. Amber must have dropped something. 

    Slipping on my slippers, I opened the door to be greeted by two of the King's royal guards, and I screamed. Amber was in the far corner of the room, frightened to death. I broke through the two guards running over to Amber, calming her down. 

"Amber, you're okay, they're not going to hurt you." I whispered.

"Ms. Cecily, you have to come with us." the closer guard spoke a commanding manner. 

Standing up, I murmured, "If it was something that wasn't cleaned, I'll grab my supplies and clean it right now." 

The guard shook his head and replied, "No, the King would like to have a word with you."

What?