HOUSE OF MIRRORS

XVIII

Beverly Hills, California 10/08/2021 (9:00 am)

-Carter Estate-

"Mommy hurry up please... I'll be late to practice!" Sir called out as he tightened his tiny orange belt. 

Beyoncé chuckled, grabbed her purse and his iPad. Noticing her son was antsy she wasted no time walking towards the door in her ivy park sneaks. "I'm coming baba sheesh...step outside the door so I can lock up." She then armed the house security system. 

"Bey, should I drive?" Julius offered

She smiled and grabbed the keys from him. "I know you're used to doing things on your own but I need you to take things a bit slow. I'll drive."

Julius nodded and walked over to the van. "come on sir." he called out.

Sir was a very energetic 5-year-old that had the maturity level of his older sister Blue. A very old soul. His parents knew that keeping him active would help challenge him to be above his peer's development.  

She grabbed his hand and walked him to the family's sprinter van putting him into his booster seat which he hated with a passion. "I'll let your teacher know that you'll be there in 15 but how do you feel about grabbing chick fil a?

"You said no more fast food remember?" Sir whined. 

"Yes, but we have a long day ahead of us. Karate practice, You're going into the office with me, and then I'm dropping you off at Nana's." Bey said as she occasionally glanced up at him. She was trying her best to focus on the road. 

Sir huffed and then poked out his lip fidgeting with his fingers. "I don't want to go to Nanas mommy."

"Auntie Kellys?"

"no..." 

"Auntie Chelle?" 

"no mommy... no."

"Okay how about this, you tell me where you want to go and me and daddy will have you and your sisters go there. But remember we're going to an award ceremony and when we pick you up it'll be the day after." Bey spoke softly.

Even though this kid was working her last nerve she didn't want to get in the way of him expressing himself. Sir looked into the mirror of the car to make eye contact with his mom, lips still poked out and pouty. His little dramatic fits made Bey laugh because she knew oh too well where he inherited it from.

"Can we go to Nana Gloria's?" 

"Baby I already told yall she's going with us...to the event. daddy's getting inducted into the songwriter's hall of fame tonight." she said stopping at a red light.

"well, this thing sounds stupid!" Sir yelled out throwing his hands up in the air.

Bey busted out laughing while agreeing. "it is stupid... very stupid. I'd rather make smores with my babies and watch Disney movies all night." Bey teased.

"I want to come with you, mommy please?"

"Will you behave?" 

Sir shyly looked down and then out the window. Obviously trying to avoid looking into his mom's eyes. "Yes... kind of." he said. 

She sighed at Sir's honesty while parking the car feeling like she was going to regret this later. Sir just helplessly pouted. "Okay, then I'll let you go. Julius, can you stay put? I think Jay might want to stop by and swap cars. He has the girls."