PICK YOUR POISON

XI

Beverly Hills, California 4/4/2021 (6 am)

"Why are we going to a club?" Tia asked as she drove with her co-worker to a crime scene. She stopped at a red light and adjusted the seatbelt around her showing belly.

"well, we received a call... I know we're technically off the clock so if you want to stop for snacks you can" Janet grinned at Tia insinuating that she'd be hungry because of her baby on board.

"Thanks for the offer but it's fine, I had a pretty heavy lunch."

"ha... I wish I had eaten," she responded back

Tia loved working with Janet and Gerald they were a great asset to the police department and very reliable for Tia. Lately, they've been working twice as hard because of everything that has been going on.

"Hey, do you have any possible leads on this case?" Tia asked

"no clue but they said that there was a black woman involved, brownish-blonde weave, brown eyes, and about 5'7." Janet said

She hardly even needed to do the math to assume that Beyoncé was involved, she turned her head away from her coworker and took a deep sigh

She hardly even needed to do the math to assume that Beyoncé was involved, she turned her head away from her coworker and took a deep sigh. "my goodness" she mumbled in discomfort to herself.

"Something wrong?"

"no..." Tia said. "I'm fine." She took another deep breath before opening up the developing cases folder.

"anyways, we're not sure if she's involved but she was the last person that his friends saw him alone with. She looks like that singer.... you know the one that's married to that rapper guy..." Janet laughed as she grabbed a handful of chips with her free hand to scarf down before she parked.

"Wow, that's insane."

"you know what's even more insane? Her getting involved in this active case. I hope we got this whole thing wrong and Shawn Carter isn't the nightwalker. I love their music so much you know?"

Janet went on and on about the nightwalker conspiracy as Tia's chest began to sink in just thinking about what was to come. She prayed that she could get out of the situation with a clear conscious and she was just overthinking. "Yeah, I agree with you." she hurried to the scene leaving both Janet and Gerald utterly confused about her jumpy tendencies.

_____________________

On April 4th, 2021 at 2:15 a.m., Dispatch received a 911 call regarding the discovery of a dead body of an Italian male at the Night Club Riqué on 1710 Belk Boulevard. The caller identified himself as Timothy Jones (nightclub security). They later discovered that the body of this man was Axel Williams. Axel happened to be a very vital asset to the Baretti gang which caused the LAPD to raise skepticism of both Beyoncé and Shawn.