OUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME

VIII

Cancun, Mexico 3/26/2021 (10 am)

The sound of Blue anxiously tapping her foot intensified as the private plane began to land in the tropics of Cancun Mexico. She looked outside the window enjoying the beach view and took a few sips of her orange soda before tapping her mother.

"Mommy wake up!" she said softly as she shook her arm.

Beyoncé stirred in her sleep trying to ignore her daughter's attempts but it didn't last long. Blue was a very very persistent one, just like her mother. She gradually opened her eyes and turned over to her kid.  "yes baby girl?" she responded while breaking into a smile.

Blue giggled because her mom's eyes could barely open. "your lash is falling off and also, we're here."

She sat up, removing her faux eyelashes, and wiped her makeup off with a fresh Neutrogena wipe, which she should've done the night before. She looked past blue who sat beside him only to see Jay fast asleep and cuddled up with the twins.

"Flight attendants, prepare for landing, please. Cabin crew, please take your seats for landing. we will be arriving in 10 minutes. the time in Cancun Mexico is 10:38 AM and the weather is a lovely 86 degrees, we ask that you make sure all electronics are secure at this time" The pilot went.

As the plane finally touched the ground Blue held on to her mom's hand, She had a slight fear of heights.

"it's okay lefty." Beyoncé assured her as she kissed her forehead.

Once the plane came to a complete stop and they were able to get off Blue ran straight into Jay who was holding the twins in both of his arms. "Woah blue calm down..."  Jay said to his daughter.

"Sorry, dad I'm just scared." Blue shakingly said as she tried to hold her emotions together.

Beyoncé sensed that her daughter was scared but knew this was a job for her father, she didnt want to rob him of this bonding opportunity. "Baby how about I'll grab the twins and you grab Blue." She emphasized to Jay while they swapped children.

Blue was usually a bold and fearless kid so her actions were surprising Jay, however, Bey knew that ever since she experienced turbulence on a flight she's been a nervous wreck when it's time to land. Jay doesn't like to see Blue uncomfortable so she knew going to him was the best because he always protects her.

Swiftly Jay picked up his daughter and carried her out of the plane, walking down the ramp carefully while she laid her head on his chest.

"I love you dad." she said before dozing off

He smiled, looking at his sweet little girl. It didn't take much for Jay to get sentimental. "I love you more Lefty."

_______________

The Carters were escorted to their vacation beach home and their luggage was delivered shortly after the family was fully situated. Blue and the twins were Jet Lagged and taking an early power nap so that gave the couple enough time to sit and chat, the pair walked off onto the balcony of their bedroom to enjoy the moment and sip wine. The beautiful ocean view and the calm waves always relaxed them when they were stressed.