Chapter Three

After driving, chatting, and joking around for thirty minutes, we finally reached the amusement park and were able to find a parking quickly. I texted my mom, letting her know we reached safely and slid my phone back into my jeans pocket.

As we got out of the car, I noticed the girls’ outfits. Doniya was wearing black jeans with a blue and white striped shirt, along with nude colored flats and a matching purse. She had a heart necklace on and her nails painted black, while her hair was put up in a bun. Waliyha was wearing blue jeans with a gray shirt, along with cheetah printed flats. She was carrying a blue purse, with matching nails with a cute arrow ring, and her hair was let down. Safaa was in black and yellow smiley faced pants with a Mickey Mouse sweater and pink Converse. She was carrying a small white backpack, and her hair was in a simple ponytail.

“Wow, this is a huge amusement park!” Waliyha exclaimed as we headed towards the ticket booth.

“Yeah, it’s the biggest here,” I pointed out.

“We have to go on every single ride,” Doniya said as we both our tickets.

“Yup!” We all chorused except Zayn. He didn’t say anything; instead he was silent until we made our way inside. I realized all of them were wearing sunglasses, and Zayn was wearing a beanie as well. I was about to ask, but then realized it’s probably because of the sun. Even I was wearing my sunglasses.

We all got our maps and started roaming around until something caught our eyes.

“OHH! We gotta go on that ride!” Doniya pointed as we walked past Round Up. Round Up is the most exciting and thrilling ride in the entire amusement park ever.

“Yeah, let’s go!” Waliyha said as we walked there.

As we were walking there, I noticed Zayn a bit out of it.

“Hey, are you okay?” I asked him.

“Yeah, I’m fine”

“You sure? You seem kinda out of it”

“Yeah, no I’m fine,” He rubbed the back of his head and walked towards the ride. I shrugged the thought away and got in.

“That was the best ride EVER!” The girls yelled as we got off.

“It most definitely was” I replied as I held onto one of the girls for support. The ride made us sit in cage-like seats, which spun around like a centrifuge. All of us lost our balance and stability after five seconds of being on the ride, and we knew we still had more to go through. When the ride was completely over, we held onto each other to make sure we didn’t fall in front of everyone.

The day went by quickly after that. We went on every single ride. Zayn started speaking towards the end of the day. I don’t know what was up with him before, but whatever it was is his problem to deal with.

“So are we going somewhere for dinner too?” Doniya asked.

“I’m fine with whatever,” I replied.

“Dinner it is. Zayn, drive away,” Waliyha chirped and chuckled.

I quickly texted my mother that we were going out for dinner and tucked my phone away.

“So where can we go?” Zayn asked me.

“Well, what are you guys in the mood for?”

“Pizza!” The sisters chirped.

“I guess we’re going for some pizza then,” He shrugged.

“No! Really?” I joked, and he drove towards the nearest pizza parlor.

“Here you go,” I placed down the money on the window.

“Oh no, you’re not paying,” Zayn said as he gave the man his card.

“Well I’m not going to let you pay all of it,” I countered.

“Too bad,” He stuck out his tongue and I crossed my arms around my chest.

“You two are funny,” Waliyha said.

“Yeah, way better than what’s on T.V.,” Safaa pointed out.

I giggled, “I don’t think I’m that funny”

“You’re not funny at all,” Zayn said.

“Haha, says the most unfunny guy ever,” I replied sarcastically.

He scowled at me as I stuck out my tongue at him.

“Number 48”

“I’ll go get it; you guys can go find a table,” I said. Waliyha, Doniya, and Safaa went to go look for an open table, while I went to go get the pizza, and Zayn followed.

“You really can’t do what you’re told, can you?” I asked him.

“Nope,” He replied, and I let out a giggle as I shook my head.

“Number 48?” The man asked us.

“Yeah,” Zayn showed him the receipt and the man gave us our pizza boxes. I took one, and Zayn took the other as we went to the table where his sisters were.