Chapter Thirty-One

Zayn and his family were coming over tonight. We were going to finalize on the details for the wedding - cards, decorations, food. And here I was, thinking about what happened at the hotel. I was so close to Harry, and I didn't even want to back away. When I placed my hand on his cheek, he leaned into it, and I let him. Even though he had a large bruise on his cheek, I didn't mind. He still looked handsome. Zara, stop! You're going to get married to Zayn. You can't think about another guy, especially your fiance's best friend. Snap out of it. It was a one time thing. I kept saying that to myself. I kept trying to stop thinking about Harry, but I couldn't. When I wasn't thinking about Harry, I was thinking about Zayn and why the heck he would punch Harry. And then I would go back to thinking about Harry. 

I had to stop thinking about Harry. I can't think about him. It's not right. I'm getting married in a couple of months. I can't think about another man. No, I won't. 

"Zara, are you ready?" My mom asked through the door, releasing me from my reverie.

I was staring at my closet for the past hour, deciding on what to wear. But my thoughts wouldn't let me decide. They kept playing back the events from the hotel. I shook my head and answered my mom, "Almost,". I picked out a midi-dress and leggings and changed into them. 

When I reached downstairs, the Maliks were already there. Just one was missing - Zayn. I met his parents and sisters, and when I reached Doniya, she pulled me to the hall adjacent to the living room. 

"Zayn told me about the fight, but you have to know that it wasn't his fault," She whispered. She turned around hoping no one else was there. I wondered if anyone else knew.

"I know. It's mine," I replied.

"No. It's not. Wait, why would you think that?" She asked, confused as she took a step back.

"Because if I didn't agree to go for coffee, this wouldn't have happened,"

"It's not your fault. It's Harry's. He shouldn't have asked for coffee," She replied matter-of-factly.

I shook my head, not wanting to hear her. "I need to go back to the living room. You can join me there if you want," I said. She remained motionless for a while before following me.