Chapter Forty-Three

Zara opened the door. She was wearing sweatpants and a long shirt. Lisa was behind her, sitting on the bed.

"Hi," I said as I handed her the flowers.

"Uh... Zayn, come on in," She said as she placed the flowers on her desk. She sat down on the chair. "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to talk to you," I walked into the room and stood in between the desk and bed. I glanced over at Lisa and said hello. "Can I talk to you, alone?" I asked.

"Um... Sure. Lisa, do you mind?"

"Of course not. Take as long as you need," She chirped as she got off the bed. She winked at Zara before walking out and shutting the door behind her.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" She asked. Her phone vibrated behind her and I could see the name on it before she picked it up - Harry. Why was he calling her?

"Hey, can I call you back later?" She whispered into the phone. I guess he replied with a joke because she laughed and then hung up. He made her laugh, and all I've been doing is making her cry. She placed the phone on her desk and looked up at me. "So what's up?"

"Why are you talking to Harry? I thought you two were done talking?"

"And I thought you were done with Perrie, but I guess not," She snapped.

"I was. I am," I took a seat on the edge of her bed, unsure how to tell her that I'm going to be a dad. I couldn't even process it myself. "I need to tell you something," I said softly.

She rolled her chair closer to the bed and looked at me, "What's wrong?" She asked. Her voice was sweet and gentle. I don't want to ruin anything, but I need to tell her. 

"That night... The night when I didn't come here, I made a mistake. A horrible mistake. A mistake I'll have to live with for the rest of my life, but you have to believe me that I didn't want any of this to happen. I love you, and I want to be with you for my entire life. I can't imagine meeting anyone else like you, and I wouldn't want you. I only want you, Zara,"

"What's wrong Zayn? You're scaring me,"

I took a long breath before continuing. "That night was a mistake, and because of a mistake I have to pay for it," I took a small break and looked right her, "Perrie's pregnant, and I'm the dad," I finished.

She took in a huge breath. At first she didn't say anything. The phone on her desk vibrated, but she didn't pick it up. Instead she stared at me for a few minutes before yelling at me, "Get out of here!"

"Zara, I didn't want any of this to happen. It just... It just did," I shrugged.

"Yeah, you just happened to sleep with someone else and have a kid. Yeah, that makes perfect sense," She snapped back as she shoved me out of her room.

"Zara, please. You need to listen to me. I don't want this. I don't want her," I said as she shut the door at my face. "I want you," I whispered, knowing she couldn't hear me.

I placed my hand on her door for a while before leaning down. My back was against her door. I didn't want to leave until I could talk to her. I still needed to talk to her. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Zayn told me he was going to be a dad, I didn't know how to react. My mind became blank. I was in complete shock. But then I was able to grasp onto the information and throw him out of my room. How dare he come here and tell me he wants me? How dare he have a kid with his ex and still want me? How dare he?

I shut the door at his face before he could finish whatever nonsense he was saying. I didn't want to listen to him. I didn't want to believe him.

I sat down on my floor. My back was against my bedroom door. I glanced up and saw the red roses on my desk. How dare he?