Chapter Twenty-Two

I was meeting Zara today at our hotel lobby. We were going to go to the coffee shop inside the hotel because I didn't think she would like it if we were bombarded with fans and paparazzi. I texted that to her, and she seemed okay with it too.

I woke up at 10 A.M. and rushed to the closet, opened it wide, and started rummaging through everything. I settled on a black V-neck tee, which dark blue jeans and Converse. I was about to head out of my room when there was a knock. Ugh. I swung open the door and Niall was there.

"Hey Niall," I said as he walked into my room.

"Going somewhere?" He asked as he eyed me.

"Just wanted to get some coffee. I'm getting bored just staying in this room all the time," I replied. I wasn't completely lying. I just let out the part in which I'm meeting my best friend's fiancee for coffee.

He nodded his head and remained quiet for a while, "Who were you talking to last night?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked. Surely he couldn't have known.

"I wanted to chill here with you, but I heard you talking to someone about meeting them at noon. And it's almost noon now,"

"I'm just meeting a friend," I partially lied.

"What friends do you have here? We don't know anyone here, besides Zayn's fiancee and her family...," He became silent. It was as if the thought had just came to him now. "He's your best friend, man,"

"I know, and it's just coffee. It's not like we're going out on a date or anything," I tried to explain. He ran his hands through his hair.

"You met with her before, right? I saw the stuff online. Why do you keep doing this? Do you even care about Zayn?" He almost shouted.

"Of course I care. And like I said, it doesn't matter,"

"Then you wouldn't mind if I came along, would you?" He asked. His voice was low.

I didn't want him to come with me. I wanted to be alone with Zara, but I didn't want Niall to know, so I agreed.

While the elevator brought us down to the lobby, I kept looking at my phone, wondering if Zara was here or not. When we reached the lobby, I glanced around to see if Zara was there. I didn't see her. But then, my phone buzzed. My screen lit up, saying I had just received a text, and it was from Zara. I quickly opened it. My face was split into a huge and foolish grin. As soon as I read the text, my smile disappeared. I stuffed the phone into my pocket and headed to the elevator, ignoring Niall.

I feel so stupid.