Chapter Twenty

I picked up my phone and scrolled down to Z. I wanted to call Zara, but decided against it. It wasn't right. She's my best friend's fiancée. I shouldn't call her.

I turned on the phone and scrolled down to Z, again. My thumb hovered over Zara's name, but I couldn't do it. I closed the phone and set it on the table.

I picked up the phone, turned it on, and scrolled down to Z. My eyes looked passed Zayn's name, and landed on Zara. I thought about the way she looked when she smiles. When she blushes. When she's mad. When she's crying. When she laughs.

I clicked on her name, and my phone took me to her contact information page. My thumb remained a millimeter away from number. I wanted to click it. I didn't even have to talk to her. I just wanted to hear her. Her sweet voice.

I clicked on her number. It started ringing.

"Hello?" Even though the hello sounded like a question, she still chirped into the phone. "Harry?" She asked. Oh right, caller ID.

"Uh... Hey Zara, what's up?" I said, trying to create a conversation of some sort.

"Nothing," She said as she giggled through the phone.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You. You're calling me at midnight just to ask 'what's up?'" She giggled softly through the phone. My face split into a grin. I made her laugh.

"Well, it's never too late to ask that," I pointed out. I fell down on the bed, staring up at the ceiling.

She laughed, "That is so true,"

"So Zara, what's up?" I asked, returning back to my question.

"The ceiling," She replied. "Well, technically the sky," She laughed.

I laughed along with her. She was making me laugh.

"You know, you said you would get coffee with me after your midterms. And I heard they're done. So what about a celebration... A coffee celebration?" I asked, hoping I didn't sound too eager.

"I'd like that. Yeah, I would," She replied. I heard some papers ruffling, and then she continued, "I'm free tomorrow,"

"Tomorrow's great," I said. I placed my arm behind my head. Tomorrow.

"Great, noon?" She asked.

"Yeah. Sounds amazing. Can't wait,"

She let out a small laugh into the phone and replied, "See you then, Harry. Bye," She hung up the phone. I continued to hold the phone against the ear. I loved how she said my name.

I can't wait until tomorrow noon.