Chapter Forty-Seven

I woke up to the alarm beeping loudly beside me. I groaned and got up, wiping my eyes as I adjusted to the room. So much has happened since I met Zayn. I still hadn't told my parents about what happened last night. But I had to... I would today. 

I changed into a long sweater and tights and threw my hair into a bun before heading downstairs. 

"Zara, you're up early," My mom chimed as I walked into the kitchen. She was right. It was a quarter to 8 A.M.

"Yeah, uh... I wanted to talk to you about something," I said as I grabbed some cereal out of the cupboard. I placed it on the counter and got out a bowl and spoon. I poured the cereal into my bowl and walked to the fridge to get some milk.

"What is it sweetie? Did you and Zayn talk yesterday? Did you get the flowers? He's such a sweetheart, isn't he?" She asked as she made toast for herself. "And the other boy came too. I heard yelling. What happened? I asked Lisa, but she didn't say much,"

"Um... That's kind of what I wanted to talk to you about," I said as she took a seat next to me. I knew my dad left for work already. I heard him leave while I was getting ready.

She looked at me. Her eyes were filled with worry.

"Zayn came over yesterday to apologize because when the incident happened, he did some things and now... Well, now he's going to be a dad," I whispered as I looked down at my lap.

My mom remained silent for a while before grabbing my hand from my lap. I looked up at her, and she was shaking her head. Tears poured down her cheeks.

"Mama, don't cry," I said as I wiped her tears away.

"I shouldn't have let this happen. We could've found someone else," She mumbled.

"Mama, it's okay. Please don't cry,"

"How is it okay?" She shouted. "We can't let you marry someone who's going to be a father for another woman's child?" She shook her head, "No, we can't. I'll talk to the Maliks today. We're cancelling the wedding," She said as she stood up. She walked to the landline hooked onto the kitchen wall.

"Mama, don't you think you should talk to Papa first?"

"He would want me to do this," She snapped. She dialed the phone and began talking to the Maliks. 

I ignored what she was saying and grabbed my cereal bowl and walked upstairs.