Chapter Twenty-One

The Malik's had left and I headed up to my room to go to sleep. It was almost midnight and I was exhausted.

My mind kept replaying what happened tonight. I never like it when a guy touches me, even if it's the slightest gesture ever, but when Zayn touched me, I didn't mind.

I laid back on my bed, staring at the ceiling. My eyelids were getting heavy. But my phone rang. I looked at the screen, and Harry's name was on it. Odd, I thought. I picked it up anyway.

"Hello?" I said as I answered. He remained silent. "Harry?" I said into the phone.

"Uh... Hey Zara, what's up?" He asked.

I giggled into the phone. I was just about to fall asleep, but Harry called to ask me what's up? "Nothing," I replied, still giggling lightly.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"You. You're calling me at midnight just to ask 'what's up?'" I answered, sitting at the edge of my bed.

"Well, it's never too late to ask that," He pointed out.

"That is so true," I said as I let out a laugh.

"So Zara, what's up?" He asked, returning back to the original reason for the phone call.

"The ceiling," I replied, looking at it. "Well, technically the sky," I laughed. He laughed along with me.

"You know, you said you would get coffee with me after your midterms. And I heard they're done. So what about a celebration... A coffee celebration?" He asked.

I stood up and walked to my table. My agenda was open to this week and I glanced through it. "I'm free tomorrow," I said.

"Tomorrow's great," He replied. He sounded excited. But why?

"Great, noon?" I asked.

"Yeah. Sounds amazing. Can't wait,"

I let out a small laugh and replied, "See you then, Harry. Bye," I hung up the phone, turned it off, and went to bed. I was completely exhausted and just needed sleep.