Chapter Eight

By quarter past noon, I was done with two classes and had one left, but I had a two-hour gap, so I decided to text Zayn and see where he and his sisters were.

Hey! I have a 2 hour break. Where are you guys? I quickly sent him a text and walked to the student quad. There was a gorgeous fountain in the middle, and newly cut grass surrounded it.

At the fountain he replied back.

I glanced around the fountain and quickly spotted Safaa. She was wearing a cute pink top with black jeans and high-tops. She was with her sisters and Zayn. She spotted me and waved.

"Hey! So what'd you do today?" I asked them as I took a seat next to Safaa.

"We got lost during the first hour," Zayn started, "But eventually found an open building and asked for directions to here. So we've just been walking around and taking pictures"

"Well, are you guys hungry? Because I know just the place. It's like a ten-minute drive, but they have the best tacos ever!"

"Sure," Waliya said, and we headed over to my car.

TacoTown was packed with college students. I saw Lisa on one of the tables and headed over there. When the guys agreed to go to TacoTown, I sent Lisa a quick text to get a table ready.

"Hey guys! Lovely seeing you here," Lisa chirped as she slid in, allowing Waliya, Doniya, Safaa, Zayn, and me to sit in the booth.

We ordered our food, ate it, and no one had even noticed Zayn or his sisters sitting in the most crowded restaurant ever. I guess college students didn't care about some British boy-band member eating lunch. We were about to leave when Zayn's phone rang.

"Hello?" He asked into the phone softly. His playful face shifted and his lips turned into a scowl. His jaws tightened, and his empty hand was balled into a fist. "Don't call me again," He said as shut the phone.

"Are you okay?" I whispered to him. I could tell the booth suddenly got really tense because of the phone call, but who could have possibly made him this mad? I placed my hand on his shoulder lightly, but he shrugged it off.

"I have to go," He said as he stood up, not looking at any of us. "Can you drive Doniya, Waliyha, and Safaa home?"

"Sure, but what about you? Where are you going?" I asked. I stood up and tried to look at him, but he just turned his face, avoiding any sort of eye contact.

"It doesn't matter," He said coldly before heading out of the restaurant. He shut the door behind him, shaking the restaurant slightly. People glanced over at him, but still didn't recognize him. They looked over at our booth, and I could see Lisa shrug. What had just happened?