Chapter Forty-Eight

The wedding had been cancelled because I made a horrible mistake. And now the paparazzi keep posting articles about me and Zara. None of us have told them what happened, and I hope they don't find out. They'll probably find out when Perrie's bump gets bigger. But until then... 

I stayed in my room all week. I didn't talk to my parents or the other guys. They knocked on my door, but I ignored them. All I wanted to do was make things right with Zara, but instead I messed everything up. I rest my head against the headboard and closed my eyes for a while, but my phone began to vibrate against my thigh. I didn't look at the name and picked up. 

"What?"

"Zayn, it's me. I heard about you and Zara, and I'm so sorry. If there's any way I could fix -"

I cut her off, "You've done enough already. Just leave me alone," I snapped and hung up the phone. We were supposed to leave for England next week, but my parents rescheduled our tickets for tomorrow morning. So I only had a few hours left here in this small town. 

I picked up my phone and scrolled down to Z and clicked on Zara's name. I decided to send her a text message. 

Hey Zara. I know you don't want to talk to me, but I had to talk to you. I didn't want any of this to happen. I know you don't believe me, but I wish you would give me another chance. I love you. I've loved you since the first day I saw you. I will never unlove you. You mean so much to me. You changed me. And I can't ever forget you for that.

I'm leaving for England tomorrow morning. My flight leaves at 10:30. You don't have to come, but I would like to see you one last time before I leave. I don't know when I'll see you again.

Love,

Zayn