Chapter Fifty

I was standing at the airport with my parents, sisters, Liam, and Louis. We already sent our luggage. I texted Zara last night. She didn't reply. She probably won't even come. I looked out the huge window, staring at the planes coming to the airport and the ones leaving. 

"Zayn?" I heard her say behind me. It couldn't be. I turned around and there she was in jeans and a plaid shirt.

"Zara, you came," My face split in a huge grin.

She nodded, "Can I talk to you?"

"Of course," I said. We talked to the corner of the hall. "You came," I mumbled. 

"I realized that I never really talked to you about what happened. I just let you do the talking. But now I wanna talk,"

"Okay,"

"When I heard that I was going to marry a guy I didn't even know, I was annoyed. I thought that that was bogus. Like who does that? But after I met you, I thought it might not be so bad. I still didn't know you, but I wanted to. So we hung out. Your sisters were amazing too. And after hanging out so much and talking about everything and nothing, I liked the idea of marrying you. And somewhere along the way, I fell in love. I don't know how or when, but I just did. And I liked that. I liked being in love with you. But..." She paused for a while. "But things happened. You were with another girl when your family was at my place. At first I thought you were just with her and maybe nothing happened. That's why I didn't cancel the wedding when you came over and told me you loved me. But then you tell me you're going to be a dad. And the woman you're going to have a kid with isn't even married to you. And I just couldn't deal with that," She shook her head and wiped her eyes. "That's when I knew that you didn't just hang out with that woman that night. Things happened. And I can't ever forget that. I can't marry a guy who's going to be a dad for some other woman's child. I can't wrap my head around that. And that's why I cancelled the wedding," 

"Zara, I didn't mean to," I stepped forward her, but she stepped back. 

"I came here to tell you this. I don't want to hear anything else. You made a mistake. I get that. We all make mistakes. That's what makes us human, but this is a mistake I can't live with. I can't marry you because of that mistake. But you will find someone who will be okay with this. And you will marry her," 

I shook my head, "I want you, Zara. I love you," 

"I love you too, but I can't be with you

"I love you too, but I can't be with you. I'm sorry Zayn, but sometimes the mistakes we make have consequences,"

"And losing you is the biggest consequence," I mumbled.

"Flight 523 ready for departure at Gate 3. Flight 523 ready for departure at Gate 3!" The woman at the front shouted into her intercom.

"That's my flight,"

"Well, I guess this is goodbye," She said as she took out her right hand. I shook it, smiling a little.

"I'm going to miss you," I said.