Chapter Fourteen

When I came home, I rushed upstairs. I ignored my parents calling me and just stayed in my room. When they came to call me for dinner, I told them I had a lot of studying to get done. My eyes were puffy, but I tried to hide them in my textbook. I didn't want to explain to my mom what had just happened. I didn't even know what had just happened.

The most of the day I spent up in my room, trying to study. Lisa kept calling me, but I didn't pick it. I didn't want to talk to anyone. Zayn called too. I put my phone on silent and threw it on my bed, not wanting to look at it as the screen flashed, letting me know someone's calling.

"Zara, there's someone here to see you," My mom said as she peaked her head through my bedroom door.

"Mama, just tell them I'm busy," I said, not looking up at her.

"He says he really wants to talk to you,"

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's one of Zayn's friends. The curly haired one," She replied. She opened the door and gestured me to come out.

When I reached downstairs, I noticed my dad was in the study and mom had went into the kitchen. I walked to the door, where he was standing outside. His hands were in his pockets and his hair was covering his eyes.

"Hi," I said.

He looked over at me and smiled a huge, toothy-grin. "Hi. How are you?" He asked.

"Fine,"

"Can we talk?"

"What do you want to talk about?"

He hesitated for a moment, "What happened today?"

"Nothing," I replied, giving him a poker face.

"Well, I know nothing happened. You just stormed out of the hotel,"

I didn't reply. I just stared at him, wondering if he was going to continue. He did.

"Zayn told me you thought he was going to leave the band," He said. "I guess I know why you thought that, and he really shouldn't have said what he said -"

I cut him off mid-sentence, "If you're here to apologize for him, then I don't want to hear it,"

"I'm not here to apologize for him. I'm here to see if you're okay," He cocked his head to one side and gave me a small smile.

"I'm fine," I said, shutting the door between us, but he took his hand out.

"Okay. Um... You wanna grab some coffee?" He asked, his smile growing bigger.

"Can't. I need to study," I replied, shutting the door. Five seconds later, he knocked on the door. I opened it.

"What about tomorrow?" He asked.

"I have midterms coming up, so I don't have time to get coffee with strangers," I snapped.

"Ouch," He said as he covered his heart with one hand, pretending to be hurt. I rolled my eyes at him and he grinned. "What about when you're done with midterms?"

"I'll see,"

"Until then," He replied, grinning. He gave me an odd bow and walked away. That was weird.