Chapter Twenty-Three

When I woke up the next morning, I totally forgot about meeting Harry for coffee. I glanced at the clock - 10:15 A.M. it read. Ugh. I knew I had to get up, but the bed was so comfortable. 5 more minutes, I thought and closed my eyes. 

"Zara! Wake up," My mom shook me to wake up. "It's noon," She said as she took the comforter off of me. I shot out of bed and glanced at the clock. She was right. I picked up my phone and texted Harry, letting him know I wouldn't be able to make it, seeming that I just woke up. My mom left the room, and even though I wanted to fall back into bed, I knew I had to get up.

I put on yoga pants and a t-shirt and walked downstairs. My mom was making fish and rice in the kitchen when I walked in. She didn't even look at me before talking, "Are you busy today? I was thinking we could get some clothes and jewelry for the wedding. I have a few jewelry from my wedding, but the fashion has changed. And besides, I want you to pick out something you like," She said.

I took out some cereal and poured it in a bowl along with some milk, "Okay. When do you want to go?"

"After you're done eating," She replied. She mixed some spices in the fish and covered it with the lid. I finished my breakfast soon after that and went upstairs to my room to change into dark blue jeans and a full-sleeves purple shirt. I was about to head downstairs to my mom when my phone rang. It was Zayn.

"Hey," I said as I took my handbag from my closet.

"Hey," He said. His voice was low and gentle. "What's up?"

I sat down on the edge of my bed, "I was just about to go out with my mom," I replied.

"Oh, sorry,"

"It's okay,"

"I'll call you later, okay?"

"Okay," I said. "Oh, can you tell Harry I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it today. I woke up late,"

"Yeah, but what weren't you able to make it to today?" He asked.

"Harry and I were gonna go get some coffee at your hotel. Didn't he tell you?" I asked, slightly confused.

He remained quiet for a bit before replying, "Oh right, he did. I just forgot,"

"Okay. Well I'll talk to you later, when I'm back. Bye," I said into the phone and hung up.