Chapter Twenty-Six

The first thing I did when I came home was rush to my room and called Zayn. I saw a post online saying Zayn punched Harry while I was out shopping with my mom. I didn't want to believe it, no matter how true those posts usually are (about me, at least), and called Zayn to just make sure. The phone rang, but no one picked up. It went straight to voicemail. I hung up and called again, and yet he didn't answer. I hung up and called Harry. He picked up on the first ring.

"Hey Zara,"

"Hi Harry. Do you know where Zayn is? I was trying to call him, but he wouldn't pick up,"

"Um, no. I haven't talked to him. Is everything okay?" He asked. He sounded concerned.

"I don't know. I saw this article online about a fight, I think, and I don't know if it's true," I replied.

"What sort of fight?" His voice sounded tense now.

"It said you and Zayn got in a fight, but I thought that was completely absurd you two are best friends and friends don't get in violent fights..." I let my voice trail.

He paused for a moment before replying, "There was no fight. The paparazzi just probably made something up since we're staying on the DL,"

"Oh, okay. I was hoping it wasn't true," I said. "I'm sorry I didn't come today. I woke up at noon, and that's when I texted you. And then I went out with my mom to shop for some stuff for the wedding,"

"Oh, right. The wedding. You're getting married to my best friend," He let out a forced laugh.

"Is everything okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, of course," He said. I didn't believe him, but I didn't ask again.

"Well, if you see Zayn, can you tell him I wanna talk to him?" I said.

"Sure," He replied. I hung up on him and laid back on my bed. 

Something didn't seem right.