Chapter Thirty-Six

Zara stayed in her room the whole day. She didn't eat, sleep, or talk to anyone. She remained motionless on the pillowless bed. The pillows she threw at Zayn were still on the ground.

Her mom brought her snacks and lunch and dinner, but Zara just turned her head the other way. She didn't want anything. She just wanted to be left alone. 

After Zayn left, Zara's mom called Zayn's parents. She asked if they knew anything about what happened last night. They were clueless, and when Zara's mom told them, they were horrified. How could their son do this?

The wedding is only two months away and after hearing this, they were unsure of what to do. Zayn's parents said they were going to talk to Zayn right then. 

When Zara's dad got home, Zara's mom told him what happened. He sat down on the couch, stunned by the day's events. Just yesterday they were discussing wedding plans, and now he found out his future-son-in-law had betrayed them. How could he do this? 

Zara laid in bed the whole day. Her mom called Lisa, who rushed over immediately. She sat on the bed next to Zara, trying to get her to talk. Zara turned her head the other way and looked aimlessly at her room. 

What had just happened?