Chapter Twenty-Nine

Zayn called me an hour later and told me he met up with Harry. When I talked to Harry, he said he didn't talk to Zayn today. Something was totally not right. 

I got into my car and drove towards their hotel. I needed to know what was going on. 

The hotel building was still surrounded my fans. I parked across the street and grabbed my shades and hat from my dashboard before walking towards the hotel, squeezing in between the loud teenage girls, and entered the lobby. I headed towards the elevator, pressed the up button, and when it opened, I got it and clicked on Zayn's (and the rest of the boys') floor. The elevator music hummed through the small room, making me release the tension that tightened around me. I shook out my arms and legs and waited until the elevator doors opened. 

As soon as the doors opened, I saw Zayn. His right hand was covered in bandages. He was shocked to see me, I could tell. His eyes popped up and he stuttered a bit before saying anything.

"Zara, what are you doing here?" He asked.

I walked out of the elevators and stared at his hand before looking back at him and replying, "I just wanted to see what you were doing. I hope I'm not intruding on any guy stuff that might be taking place,"

"No, no," He replied. "We were all done with that now,"

"Did that," I pointed to his hand, "happen because of spending too much time with the guys?" I asked. I placed my hand on my hip and stared at him. He better not lie to me now. 

"Uh, yeah. You know us guys. Always messing around and stuff," He said as he shook his head before holding it towards him. The hand was hurting him... I could tell that much.

"So how'd that happen?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "It just did,"

"How?" I asked, again.

He ran his left hand through his hair and before he could reply, Louis came up to him, patting him on his back. "Hey man. Sorry to bother your pre-wedding whateverness, I just wanted to ask Zayn here," He turned towards Zayn, "do you need another ice pack, man?"

"No, I'm good," Zayn replied a little too quickly.

Louis was about to leave, when I called after him. "Louis. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," He said. He glanced at Zayn and then back at me.

"Do you know how Zayn got hurt?" I asked.

He glanced at Zayn, and since Zayn was standing next to me, he didn't make any sort of sign to tell Louis anything.

"He didn't tell you?" Louis asked, confused.

"He said 'it just happened', but I know that's not the case here," I glared at Zayn momentarily before looking at Louis, waiting for his response.

"He punched Harry," He said too quickly, but I was still able to understand him.

"What? Why?" I shouted at Zayn. Louis ran backwards, towards a room.

"He wanted to meet you up for coffee," He replied.

"Seriously? You punched him because of that?" I asked, astonished.

"He didn't tell me you two were talking. And you don't know Harry -"

I cut him off, "No, I don't. But I guess I don't know you either," I snapped and walked towards the rooms. I wanted to find Harry and see if he's okay. 

This is all my fault, I thought.