thanks guys!
you're the best :)
Seen 08:27

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Just like two years ago, Madelyn was standing in front of the Red Bull Racing headquarters again. Only this time, it wasn't her first time as an intern, but as Red Bull's newest press officer. She's walking inside with way more confidence than the first time and greets Rachel, the brunette girl behind the counter, with a wave and a smile. She makes her way towards the communications department, walks into her office, and sits behind her desk.

She didn't have the same desk as when she started her internship anymore. She had moved now to a much better place, her own office. The one she first saw when she walked into the department two years ago. It was a corner office, so she had windows on two sides of the room, giving her a fantastic view over the rest of the property of Red Bull's headquarters. In the room next to her was Gemma's office, Red Bull's other press officer. Together with her, she would accompany the drivers to all their interviews this season. Gemma would be with Sergio and Madelyn with Max. Before this season, it was always Vicky's job to accompany Max to his interviews. But since she got promoted to the heads of communications this year, it is now Madelyn's.

It's crazy for Madelyn to realize that she's already the press officer of one of the greatest drivers of the grid in her first year. During the past two years, she worked her ass off to achieve this position. But all that overtime had been more than worth it to be able to sit here.

She opens her laptop in front of her and logs into her account. Today was Tuesday. Tomorrow they leave for the last days of testing and the first Grand Prix of the season in Bahrain. It wouldn't be her first time entering the paddock. Over the past two years, the team had invited her twice to see a Grand Prix, both during the 2019 season since it wasn't possible in 2020 due to the pandemic. The first one was the Austrian GP, where Max won his first race of the season. The second one was the Belgian GP, where Max was less lucky and got taken out during the first lap.

Madelyn focuses on answering some emails containing requests for interviews with Max until it's time for the PR meeting she has today. They had gotten together before this, but this was the first meeting in person. The times before this were online through Zoom at home. It was also more important since it was the last one before the actual start of the season. For the last time, they would discuss all the procedures and rules for the season, and then it would be time to do the actual job in the paddock.

"Are you ready to go, Lyn?" Madelyn hears someone asking her. She looks up from her laptop screen and sees Gemma standing in the door opening. 

"Yeah," she answers and closes her laptop before getting up. She grabs her stuff, and with their hands full, they walk towards the conference room together. When they enter, they see that they're one of the last ones to arrive. They take their places at the long table, standing in the middle of the room. They get their stuff ready before Vicky closes the door and starts the meeting.

After two hours of meetings, Madelyn closes her laptop and makes a nice pile of papers in front of her. She puts everything together and walks out of the conference room. When she walks back towards her office, she sees a particular person sitting on the edge of her desk through the door opening. She sighs and shakes her head before entering her office.

"Get off my desk," she says to him strictly and places the pile she was holding on the desk behind him. He turns his head towards her and looks at her with a massive grin on his face.

"Well, Lynnie, that's not a very nice way to greet your new boss, now is it?" He smirks at her and pushes himself off the desk.

"It's Lyn. And technically, I'm your boss, not the other way around, Verstappen," she fires back at him. Max chuckles and walks towards her.