38

...

Jef peeked his head out the water, his eyes adjusting to the air and light as he looked around. Blinking a couple of times, the male spotted land and gasped, floating back in the water before realizing he had nowhere to go either way. Taking a deep breath, Jef continued towards the island, just until his tail was able to feel the sand floor beneath him.

Still looking around, the siren noticed a figure out in the distance. Curious, he swam over just close enough to get a better look.

They seemed to be sitting alone, their brown bangs covering most of their face. Their pants were tied up, most likely to prevent most of it from getting wet from the salty water.

Jef swam closer, unaware the other had already seen him approaching.

"Who are you?"

Jef jumped from the unexpected question, close to fleeing because of being spotted. Just a second after, he decided against it and revealed himself more.

"Hello! I'm Jef."

They looked at him, brushing their bangs aside and glancing at his tail.

"What are you doing away from, I don't know your f_cking clan or something?"

Jef frowned. He then shook his head.

"Let's not talk about it. What's your name?" He asked, closer than he was before.

"..I'm Good," The demon replied, staring directly at him.

Jef perked up and smiled, nodding. The two continued to talk, the conversation lasting until sunset. Good stood up, waving bye to the siren and walking away as Jef watched. Once he made sure Good was gone safe and sound. Jef went ahead and searched for a place to stay for the night.

...

Jef swam back to where he had met Good for the first time, having been doing so for a while now. Again he saw the male as usual. A smile wide on his face, he swam to the surface and waved.

"Good! Hello!"

Good locked his eyes on him, waving back as he walked over to the waters and knelt down. Jef sat down beside him, noticing he was wearing something more comfortable and loose than before. The two continued with talking, Jef unaware that Good had sat closer to him, his face just slightly more pink as time passed.

Before they knew it, it was sunset. Jef looked out at the rising moon, telling Good that he had to go. Good nodded, slightly disappointed as he waved goodbye to the other. He watched the siren swim off, starting to head back to his home as well.

When he got there, the male threw himself on his bed and groaned, laying there for a good minute. He then flipped over, puffing out his cheeks and sitting up.

"F_ck I hate this feeling."