21

Soulmate au: where soulmates are able to sense if their soulmate(s) is close to death or is in danger.

Tw: murder attempt

...

"Karl," Quackity said, poking the male once more.

Karl huffed and turned over to him.

"What?" He asked.

"I haven't seen Napsap all day," Quackity whined, "And it's getting boring."

"Stop whining you little duck, he'll be back soon," Karl rolled his eyes as Quackity pulled himself closer.

"Okay.."

Feeling a twag of worriness, Quackity looked down and fidgeted with his fingers.

...

"Bye dad!"

"I'm not your dad! It was 12 years ago!"

Napsap waved bye and giggled at the response. He then skipped out of sight, walking to the direction of where his house was. Passing the cafe, animal shelter and fast food place, Napsap slowed his pace to enjoy the stars in the sky.

The male then felt an arm grab him and pull him from the sights of the long sidewalks. Napsap let out a small yelp, trying his best to kick away his capturer.

"Hey let me go! AcK!—"

"Not a word," They said, cocking the gun, "Or I'll shoot."

Napsap gulped down the lump in his throat and nodded.

...

The two soulmates, who were still chilling on the couch felt a chill of coldness wash over them. They immediately realized what was going on and jumped up from their seats, before running out the door.

Quackity slid around the corner and accidentally flung himself into Napsap. Napsap gasped.

"Quackity!"

Karl came right behind him and kicked down the shady person.

"Napsap! Oh my gosh are you alright are you hurt anywhere how are you feeling?!"

Once Quackity was back on his feet, he started to dump questions onto Napsap.

"I'm fine I'm fine Quackity, don't worry."

Quackity sighed in relief, but shrieked when he heard a loud 'bang.'

"Uh— a little help here?!" Karl yelled, trying to kick the stranger down and grab their gun.

"Oh— right!"

...

Karl pointed the gun at the stranger, who's was bleeding and had many bruises.

"Say bye you little—"

"Karl that's too far! Hand it over," Napsap said, opening his hands.

"But—"

"I agree, no buts," Quackity chimed in, "Let's just leave em there. And next time we'll let you shoot—"

"Quackity!"

"Okay okay forget what I said."

"Whatever."