25

...

"Good look at this egg I found! I wonder why it's so blue.."

...

"Well?! Who do you pick, Jef?!"

"I-I can't!"

...

"Stop wasting time with this stupid f_cking egg and hang out with me!"

"It's not stupid Good!"

"Well clearly you've been acting like I don't and never existed like I'm some f_cking sh_t void!!"

...

'What led me here? Sobbing over something so dramatic.. so stupid too.. I should've listened..'

The two thought, unaware of how synced their thoughts currently were.

'Stupid f_cking egg cult! Ugh I can't stand staying here!' Good thought, pacing around in the open field.

There was nothing but grass and mud surrounding the area. Good hated it. Even if he couldn't stand being wet and dirty, he didn't want to go back. Not with that blue egg that mourns over something they didn't know about. It would sob, taking over their thoughts and promising to bring back the ones they had lost. But all Good saw it doing was drive away everyone else.

Stopping his mini pace session, Good sighed and walked back to where he slept for the few days he stayed. Sitting down under the tree, Good brought his knees to his chest. For a moment, all Good could think about was how he wanted the egg to leave. To disappear and never return. It was all he could think of before exhaustion clouded his mind, and he fell asleep.

...

Jef walked far. He watched himself take slow steady steps, away from the others, and away from where he lived. The male didn't know where he was going, but didn't care, letting himself lead himself far far away. Maybe somewhere he could rest and get away from, well, everything.

For a few more minutes, Jef didn't pay attention to where he stepped, until he felt his shoes covered in.. mud. Mud? How far did he wander off? Jef looked up, just arriving at a field. It was unfamiliar, but comforting.

Jef questioned where he was, stepping onto the blades of grass. The feel was soft, reminding him of home before he met all the others at school. Jef shook it off, before spotting a figure underneath a tree.

They were still, seeming to be leaning up against it as their breathing was slow. Jef walked closer, the sight of the other causing him to panic.

Good? He was here? Jef stepped back, a lump growing in his throat. He questioned what he should do. Should he wake Good up? Talk with him? Or walk away like he never saw him? His mind was full of questions.

Just before Jef could decide on his decision, Good's eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Who.. who are you?" Good yawned.

All he could see was a blurred out figure, not being able to tell if he recognized them or not. Jef took another step back, frightened and not sure if he should answer. The two stared at the other, Good's vision slowly returning to him as another breeze cut through.

The male gasped, scooting back further against the tree.

"What are you doing here?! Go back to your friend or something.." Good muttered, covering his face so the other couldn't see.

Guilt ate at the other, his heart racing faster as he stared down at who he thought loved him before all this happened.

"I..—" Jef spoke, not finding the right words just yet.

Good sniffled, standing up, gazing at Jef with sharp eyes.

"You don't want me. You don't need me!" Good shouted, his pale skin turning to furr as his light scarlet red eyes darkened.

Tears pricked at his eyes, his demon wings opened wide, getting ready to fly away. Tears. The same thing that started it all. Jef's eyes grew wide, having not seen Good's full demon form in so long.

"W-wait! No, I just wanna talk to you!" Jef cried, stepping closer.

...

"Let's go back."

That was it, a hug and a conversation that solved something so big. Did it actually work though? Not sure, only Jef and Good knew. And yet the egg hasn't left. The only thing that changed was that.. Good was back. Back home with Jef.