Chapter 20

~Analeigh~

Sitting in the café wallowing in her own self-pity after everything that had happened three days ago. Not sleeping well being away from Xavier really messed up being able to sleep. Who knew how much one person could effect your body without even having to be there. "Well it looks like you've seen better days. You know I've been told I'm a pretty good listener if you need to vent a little." Dimitri told her looking up at her with his hands in his pockets with a smile trying to make her feel better. "I told you that." She smirked at him staring at him for another moment. "Oh what the hell guess I got to talk to someone." She told him in a soft long exhale as she pushed the chair opened for him.

Grabbing his drink he came back and sat down next to her. "Eddie said you not really talking to anyone right now. Not really taking care too good care of yourself either I can see. This isn't healthy or right Ana as a nurse though you already know that." Dimitri told her in a sad pleading voice. "Well your right I haven't really been talking to anyone because I didn't think that maybe they would understand. Since it still doesn't make all that much sense to me on how to feel about all this. You seen the videos Dimitri. You know when you see and watch it it's scary, and then your things are gone and it's terrifying to know how easily someone has come into your home I mean I feel violated. He drugged me. He touched me without my consent. Why? Why after all these years of friendship would Gunner help do anything like this too me?" Analeigh said with tears forming in her eyes.

"Well the guys were a little mad when Gunner took so easily to Xavier before them maybe Xavier wanted to make sure you moved forward with him in your relationship you know feeling of security and all that. So maybe they put a plan in motion for you to do just that. Maybe Xavier didn't know how to express himself in the way right way or maybe. Maybe your dodging a serious bullet? You only known him for a couple of months , there have been people who been in love for years and still really know their partner." Dimitri said taking a drink looking at her reactions.

"No I don't believe they had anything to do with any of it. In fact I know they don't. That man, that man is not Xavier or Gunner. It's simple fact for me. I know they had nothing to do with it." Analeigh said with confidence. "Really, you going to go down swinging for a guy who let your best friend have a bag of your personals? Analeigh I would never let any other guy have a bag of my woman's personals." He said looking at her in shock. "No I know they were set up." She said with a shrug putting her drink back down.

"How do you know this wise one?" He said with a chuckle. "That an who has been breaking into my home has been doing it for a few months longer than I even met Xavier. I didn't even realize until last couple days maybe I always knew or someone has been getting in and I didn't do anything. I mean who does that Dimitri who holds information that they didn't feel alone to anyone? I think maybe. You know what it's to crazy you wouldn't understand." She waved off to him. "Try me? I'm a lawyer trust me Analeigh after all I have seen in my career I don't judge anyone on anything anymore. Ain't my place." Dimitri laughed out to her. Enjoying her time alone leaning in closer to her on the table.

"I think I know why I didn't tell anyone sooner. I know someone has been coming in last few months because I wasn't feeling alone anymore and I come to realized that after being alone for so long that I deep down that I." She said shaking her head and closing her eyes. "You what, Analeigh it's just me, I swear you can't you tell me anything no judgement." Dimitri said grabbing her hand rubbing the back of it in support. "That I liked not being alone. I think knowing that even though Mr. Right wasn't making any grand appearance on all those horrible set-ups that there was still someone who cared enough about me to still you know take care of me in their own way." She said looking at him with his mouth dropping alittle.