Chapter 13

~No One's P.O.V~

It's been a full week and everything has been going good. Xavier was getting their tea's in some throw away cups and making sure everything was ready to go as Analeigh was still finishing up getting ready for work. He was just praising it being Friday, when her phone went off, not even looking at the caller ID he just answered. "Ana's phone." He said sweetly. "Xavier? That you boy?" The man on the other end asked. Knowing that voice anywhere he took a deep breath. "Yes, it is Mr. Alderman. How you doing?" "Doing all in all. Call me Caleb. What I would like to know is when you plan on meeting up? I've been talking to Ana and she keeps dodging he question now is that your doing or her's? Is there something I need to know on why my daughter keeps dodging to trying to see me Xavier? In all her years she's never once pushed the subject of meeting up with her dear old pop, her mother is another story, but not me. So is there something you need to tell me boy?" Caleb asked in annoyed warning tone." Looking at the phone Xavier was a little shocked at what he was hearing.

"Caleb I had no idea you've been calling her to meet up with us. She hasn't mentioned anything to me. You know what you got a pen near you? Can you take my number down so the next time you got something to ask me you can feel free to pick up and call me anytime. I'll take yours down right now in my phone while I talk to you I'll even send you a text so you can make sure it's me. I have no idea why she hasn't said anything. I know the whole thing with Amber and maybe even meeting my own family last weekend might have been a little much but I still don't know why she hasn't brought it up. Hey are you free tomorrow?" "I am free tomorrow her mother is going with your down to some seminar on healthy living or some crap." Caleb chuckled out. "Would you want to go fishing or bowling or something just you and me?" "That sounds good. Let's go bowling haven't been in awhile. They got a buffet place near there we can hit up afterwards. What time you want to meet up bowling alley?" "How about noon? We can play few games around lunch time and build that appetite. Now if you excuse me I have some questions for a little women while were on our way out the door. Feel free to contact me anytime." "Scold her good for me too. I'll see you tomorrow." Caleb laughed out.

"Hey honey all set to go?" She asked taking her drink kissing his cheek. "Yeah in a second. "Hey honey how was your week?" "It was fine I guess, you know how most the nights went I mean you were there." She chuckled out like he was crazy. "You didn't speak to any one interesting?" He asked drinking from his cup. "I talked to a lot of people Xav I'm a nurse it's my job." He had to give her credit for that one. "Analeigh can ask you a question?" "You can ask me anything." "Are you ashamed of me?" "What the hell kind of question is that? Honestly? Why the hell would you ever think that?" Analeigh asked in shock and hurt, making Xavier feeling a little bad for asking.

"Than do you want to explain why you dodge your dad's question on when we can meet up for him to meet me?" He asked as he looked at her crossing his arms. "Oh god geez Xav." She said clutching her heart. "That was one of the meanest things you've done to me." She pointed to him. "How do you think it made me feel answering that call to your dad and him asking why he can't meet me? Why can't he? Why didn't you tell me he's been trying to in touch with us?" He asked a little nervous kind of hurt. "Xavier I am not ashamed of you. I was just caught up in last weeks drama and I knew Colton needed us more. I wasn't sure how our schedule was going to look and I mainly just wanted to focus on one family at a time last weekend. I was going to call him Sunday after we talked about it. It slipped my mind since I haven't spoken to him since Monday. I was going to tell you but with work I was just going to ask you over dinner either today or tomorrow. It just slipped my mind this week I swear I am not hiding you from my parents." Analeigh said making sure to grab her keys, and cellphone put into her pocket.