Epilogue

Kiah

Five years later

"Kiah!" I hear running and my office door opens to show my little sister Elise. Matthieu really did what he said.I was shocked when my fifty year old mother told me she was pregnant.Elise is now five and the sweetest little girl.When I found out I did shoot at Matthieu but it was only a graze.I eventually accepted him because my mother was happy and I was going to be a big sister.I stare at the little girl with blond and black curls,caramel skin and grey eyes as she tells me about her friends at school.
"I told my friends all about you too." She says as she touches my growing stomach then rubs it gently.The baby kicks and she pulls her hand away surprised making me smile.

"Is everyone downstairs?" I ask before getting up from my chair.I hold her small hand as we make our way to the elevator my husband installed.I look like I'm having twins but it's one baby.I should have known how big I would be due to his size and my son will most likely follow.

We get to the first floor and we walk towards all the talking.I see everyone already seated.
"Kiah,working hard again? " My mother asks before pulling me into a hug and talking to my stomach.
"You're glowing." She and my aunt says making me smile.I might be glowing on the outside but this baby is sucking the life out of me.

I stop by everyone and greet them."Damn you're huge." Frederic says and Julien slaps him at the back of his head.The woman beside them Celeste gasps at their action and scolds them.I was surprised when I found out Frederic and Julien decided to share one woman but she's a perfect balance for the both of them and Julien's son loves her.I glance at Henri as he kisses aunt Nat's hand and whispers something making her smile.He wore her down.She even tried to run away and he tracked her down.They've been together for almost three years.

"We're here and I baked a cake." Pamela says as she places it on the table.Levi trails behind and I turn from my chair and walk to them giving them a hug as they both fuss over my pregnancy.Pamela did accept being my right hand but she requested weekends off for her and Levi.I laughed that it was her only request.

I turn to go to back to my seat as an arm wraps around my waist.
"You should take it easy.That's a big baby right there." I turn and glare at Lucio.

"Well who's fault is that ,you're gigantic." I tell him and he wiggles his brow.I roll my eyes seeing where this is going and he helps me to my seat.I fought hard against whatever was growing between me and Lucio.I couldn't figure out what he was about and it bothered me.The man did whatever I asked or demanded without batting an eye.He even let me whip him and restrain him without trying to break free.He took bullets for me but I still didn't know a thing about him.But I also knew he was dangerous and a bit crazy which came in handy.

I finally asked him about his life and it's a sad story.His father was a small time drug lord and used Levi's services.Lucios father was horrible and abused everyone in his family.He even killed Lucio's younger sister in one of his drunken rage.When Lucio was six someone attacked the family and he barely survived.With no family he was sent to an orphanage.Levi found out about the attack  and searched for him and decided he would raise him.Lucio didn't mind because he remembered the times he met Levi and he was always kind offering him and his sister candy.Levi didn't know about Lucio's father's abuse and felt guilty for years even though he shouldn't.

"You okay?" Lucio asks as he holds my hand.I look around the room as everyone is laughing.
"Yeah." I smile and he kisses my hand.There's been peace for the last five years but I will destroy anyone who tries to take any of these people away from me.

THE END

Thank you for reading ☺️☺️