Chapter 22

Kiah

We arrived in Los Angeles two days ago and have been staying by one of Angelo's and Levi's mutual friends home.Alberto the owner of the home also told us he's willing to offer any assistance. Agostini harmed someone who's close to his family.It appears that even though some fear Agostini many hate him and consider him an enemy.I asked Angelo for a list of these people since we have similar interests.But I let it be known that I will be the one to kill him when we find him.

Angelo called a board meeting at my mother's company tomorrow and announced she'll be there as well. It's risky with Agostini but Matthieu offered his services as well as his guards to protect us.He's on his way to the mansion to confirm the final plans.

I leave the library when I here multiple voices and walk downstairs.I glare at Matthieu as he kisses the back of my mother's hand and says something making her laugh. Aunt Nat keeps looking everywhere as Henri tries to speak with her.My annoyance at that two older men turn to anger when I see Julien.I told Matthieu not to bring his ass.I leave to my room and get my gun.Everyone turns to me when they hear my footsteps and I point the gun at Julien.

"Woah Kiah." Frederic says stepping Infront of a surprised Julien.Even though I'm attracted to him he wasted my time and that I can't tolerate.I will never be able to kill him but I don't mind shooting him a few times.My aunt and mother stares at me surprised as I try to aim for Julien but bodies block my view protecting him.I feel a body pressed against mine as a calloused hand is placed over the one holding the gun.

"Kiah.Think about this, we need all the help right now and a wounded Don who can still help won't be beneficial.Focus on killing Agostini then do whatever you need to after." Lucio says while slowly lowering my hand."Good girl." He purrs and I frown before the gun is removed from my hand. I glare at Julien.

Frederic and everyone looks relieved but I still plan on shooting him after.Angelo walks into the foyer and stares at everyone.
"Did I miss something?" He asks and everyone tells him no.
He tells my mother to join him in the office as he goes over members of the board.They also can't be trusted so Angelo has been checking for any suspicious activitieseading back to Agostini.The entire time Matthieu follows her movements before turning to face me.

"It's never too late to give you a sibling Kiah." Matthieu smirks pissing me off.

"I already have a crazy sibling and he's trying to kill me." I retort back annoyed at the man chasing my mother.I'm also surprised my mother isn't making excuses to get away from him like she did with other men.

"We can give you a sane sibling." he says as Frederic and Henri laugh.I turn to Lucio to get my gun back and he holds it above his head out of my reach.

"Careful uncle she isn't afraid to shoot."Julien says while smiling.He stares at me sheepishly as I glare at him. Frederic tells everyone to meet him for a brief except me and Julien.We stare at each other for a minute not saying anything.

"Kiah-" I raise my hand to stop him.

"I really want to shoot your ass but I won't.Whatever going on between us before won't be happening again.Don't even think about doing that stalking shit because I really might forget not wanting to kill you" I tell him and tenses but nods.

"I am sorry for what happened.I respect anything you say.But let me still help and protect you and your family." I nod accepting his assistance.For now I can be civil even in anger that I let a man play me not once but twice without noticing.

I sit in the limo with my aunt,mother,uncle,Matthieu because he forced himself in and Lucio.I don't know  why Lucio invited himself in our car even though the others are following behind us.His stare is intense and it's making me antsy.He smirks as I fidget and I give him the finger making him laugh.We're all dressed in black custom made suits which screams wealth and authority.

The car stops infront of a large glass building and is immediately swarmed by paparazzi's and news channels.The guards who were already at the building and surrounding area confirmed it's clear as they push back the media.We exit the car and they yell questions at us

Mrs. Vitale is that why you went missing years ago?
Is that your daughter?
How did you meet the late Mr.Vitale?
Is there anymore children?
Where and why have you been hiding?

We enter the lobby and are greeted by the staff like royalty before a man approaches us and eyes Lucio with caution.I don't blame him Lucio is the largest man in here.
"Mrs.Vitale." the man says and reaches his hand out to my mother.They shake in greeting before my mother introduces me and everyone else except Angelo who he remembers.He then leads us to an elevator for the top floor.When we get to the floor we're led to the board room with all eyes on us from the staff.

It's been an hour of greetings and presentations.I stifle my yawn as some board members kiss my mother's ass and some look uncomfortable with our presence. Matthieu's phone rings and he excuses himself then comes back and whispers something to aunt Nat who tells my mother.
"Let's have an hour break." My mother says dismissing everyone.

When they leave Angelo closes the door.
"The nerve of that bastard!" Aunt Nat yells. Matthieu tells us that Ivan contacted him and he wants to corporate.He has a location he wants to meet but he will only speak to Aunt Nat.Ivan also asked to not be killed because they're even now since I killed his niece.How and when did he figure out I killed her but that doesn't matter now.

"Ivan is still a coward and will always be." Matthieu says before asking Aunt Nat if she agrees to meet him in person.She tells him yes with an evil glint in her eyes.I'm surprised that my sweet aunt can be vicious.

"We need to finish the day with the announcements." My mother says to us and agree.

The board members enter the room again and my mother tells them the announcement.
"As of today my daughter and heir will be receiving all my shares and will be majority shareholder in the company.You'll also see her at more meetings." Some gasps in surprise and others look angry.I make a mental note to monitor the ones that are angry.I check my watch and Angelo gets up to make a call.

By the end of the day my name will be announced as majority shareholder in all the companies and businesses the Vitale's had a hand in building.Some of them are owned by the Mafia bosses that are supporting Agostini.

As predicted the first half of our plans worked.Not even a day later some of the Dons and Gang leaders that backed Agostini contacted us for a truce and leniency.I'll accept for now but I don't trust them.The ones that still back Agostini just declared war and I'm ready to show them how ruthless a Donna can be.

Thanks for reading!! ☺️ I like Julien but Kiah and him are toxic.Lucio is growing on me. We'll see where my mind goes lol