Chapter 21

Kiah

"I already contacted Matthieu and he vowed to back us." Angelo says to the group.We 've been sitting here for two hours discussing plans.Duting that time I found out my mother owns a consulting firm that Angelo had been keeping an eye on for her all these years.My sperm donor forced his way into the company as part owner so his name in known.

"The media thinks of me as a recluse and that's where we'll start.I'll go to California and you all will come with me.I'll present myself as Mrs.Vitale and you as my daughter." My mother says and Angelo nods

"There's no time to go meet with all the Mafias so it's perfect.We were known as the most ruthless for years and I know many will remember and this will also bring out a number of enemies." Angelo adds and we know the risk and we're fine with it all.

I turn to Levi and Pamela.They seem like good people to have on our side. "Will-"
"Off course!" Pamela says cheery. She tells me she planned to help the minute she met us and told Levi he doesn't have a choice.I stare at Levi and he nods.
"When my wife sets her mind on something I let my love take the lead." He says and he kisses the back of her hand.

"Plus our son is on his way.Agostini stole an entire ship that was being transported under his watch.I noticed all the men using M4 Carbines and the serial numbers confirmed they're our guns." She says looking angry.

"We still need to question the mercenary" aunt Nat says but I didn't forget.As I'm about to tell them I'll handle it the front door opens.A bulking man around 6'6 with dark hair,tanned skin and a scar on his neck walks inside.
"Son" Levi and Pamela get up and hugs the smiling man.I stare at the man confused because he looks to be in his late twenties.Pamela is 35 and I know that Levi is 40.

"How is he your son?" Aunt Nat asks what we're thinking.The man looks at us with dark eyes as Levi laughs."I adopted Lucio years before I met Pamela.He accepted her immediately as my wife and his step mother despite the close age.

"Where is he?" The man asks with an American accent but Pamela smacks him behind his head and asks if he ate and he tells her no.
"Excuse him he can be passionate and a bit sensitive."She says and the man that towers over all of us blushes.

When he's done eating we descend the stairs to the basement.The man sits is tied to a chair in the corner of a cell under the watchful eye of one of the guards.
"He's mine." I here Lucio say and my head snaps to him.Who the hell does he think he is.

"I'm handling this." I step forward and glare at him he  steps in my personal space.At first he looks annoyed then his face softens.I stare at him confused by the sudden change.
"I know you have the capability to handle this and based on what I've heard I don't doubt your skills.But I'll be handling this one." he touches my cheek."you can handle the others"

"Okay." I nod agreeing and he steps away and smiles at me.What the fuck just happened?

Lucio steps into the cell and the man whimpers.
"Lu-Lucio" the man says shaking and Lucio smiles.
"Agostini stole something from me and you're going to tell me everything." Lucio says in a menacing tone surprising me.The man whimpers and begs for his life saying he doesn't know anything.In a second Lucio removes a knife and stabs it in the man's left eye.The man howls in pain.

"Now you don't need your other eye to speak.Everytime you refuse to answer I remove a piece of you.Your ears,nose,fingers.You get my point.The only working part you need is your mouth." He says and the man doesn't answer.He stabs the knife in the other eye and puts his hand over the screaming man's mouth.
"I'm a very impatient man.Tell me what I need to know." He growls and the man nods his head aggressively.

"I-I don't know alot o-only what's s-said underground." Lucio tells the man to continue when he gets quiet.
"He's making a power play for territories with weaker Mafia bosses and gang leaders.He's making threats to a number of people and even has their families as hostage if they don't corporate.He has leverage on alot of people so no one can be trusted.Someone leaked your location that's how we found you." He says and then continues to plead for his life.

"Where is Agostini and Ivan?" Lucio asks and the man shakes his head saying he constantly moves and people hide him but rumor had it he'll be at Johann's dinner." The man wails and curls into himself.

"Please Lucio give me a quick death." The man pleads and I stare at Lucio curious now.Lucio stares at the man and pat his back telling him he did well.
"For that I will have mercy."Lucio says before removing his gun and shooting the man in his head.

We leave the basement and make a call to Matthieu about Johann who I now know is the leader of the German Mafia.His annual dinner is a front for his slave auction and it's in two months.Apparently Ivan is a regular and all the women only last weeks with him

"Most of the women look like this,Angelo check your phone."Angelo pulls out his phone and looks surprised.

"Holy shit." He says and turns his phone to us and we look at Aunt Nat.The girls look like her.

"Damn Nat,that man is obsessed." My mother says and Nat takes the phone and look at all the women.She looks angry as she stares at all the young women.

"Ivan is mine.How can we  get invited to the auction or dinner" Aunt Nat says with a glint in her eyes

Matthieu tells us all we have to do is carry out our plan .
"Make waves.The Vitale Mafia is still famous amongst many.Johann will take notice."He says before ending the call.

We prepare to fly to California the next day.Lucio agrees to come with us and they have a number of loyal men who worked for Levi already in the States who will meet.