Chapter 17

Kiah

After the meeting my mother and I left for Julien's garden.I wanted to knowno everything with no filter.For years I had to listen to her scream at night.Now I know where she got some of her scars from and it's not from a car accident like what she said.I always wondered about her having a tattoo on her arm that large.She doesn't seem like the type to get tattoos but now I know it was done to cover his name that he put on her body.I ended the conversation when I saw her starting to look distraught so now I'm just wondering around the mansion.

I enter a room filled with beautiful paintings and I know some of these were not sold.
"It's my uncle's collection." Julien says as he wraps his arm around my waist.I've been avoiding him as I focus on this shit storm.
"Have lunch with me." I turn in his arms and kiss his lips before agreeing.I'm starving

He gives me a tour of his home with twenty bedrooms,a gym,armory,game room, gourmet kitchen,library, indoor garden and so much more.This is truly a beautiful home.After the tour he leads me to a dining area and the setting is beautifully decorated with white roses and intimate.I raise a brow and he smirks.
"I know it's been alot so I wanted to treat you." He tells me and I pull him to me and kiss his lips.I swear one of us is always fighting to be dominant. Looking around the beautiful room I can tell he put thought into it all.Julien is definitely insane but he has weet moments.We sit across from each other and a maid brings us a vegetable soup.We eat in silence just enjoying the food and each other's company.Our second course is served chicken Dijon with asparagus.

"Julien tell me more about your family." He looks up from his meal and places his fork down.I've heard him mention his uncles but never anyone else.The only thing I really now is the Mafia business.With all that's going on I need to know and understand the people around me.

"My uncle Matthieu and Henri his best friend raised me and Frederic after the Albanians killed most of our family." He says and he's visibily shaking from his anger.
"It was a family event but Frederic and I caught the flu because we were always close even as kids.My aunt's house where it was held was heavily guarded but someone in our organization betrayed us.They blew up the house with my sister ,parents, aunt, uncle's and grandparents.The only thing that saved my uncle and Henri is that they snuck out of the house. to go deal with an issue.They snuck out so my aunt -his sister wouldn't be mad at them for leaving.My uncle's blamed themselves for a long time but if they hadn't left we wouldn't have them to raise us.Frederic and I would probably have been killed after or left to survive in the system." He pauses and chugs the rest of his wine.

"My uncle slaughtered the Albania Mafia. Nobody was allowed to live but what was difficult was finding the traitor. I worked hard to get where I am so I could have my revenge and I will one day."After the conversation he was quiet and I knew retelling was hard.It brought forth all his anger.His phone dings and removes it.

"Love my uncle's are here." He says standing and takes my hand.He leads me to the library where I see a tall man with a scar down his cheek laughing with Frederic.To the corner I see another man who looks like he can kill you from his stare alone speaking with Angelo.He has black shirt and there's not a hint of grey.I see some similarities to Julien but he's more Frederic's twin.They turn to face us and the room gets quiet.

"Bonjour to the beautiful woman who stole my nephew's heart.I'm Matthieu" He stands and he's about the same height of Julien.He lifts my hand and kisses it but Julien snatches it away and glares at him.They start laughing about how possessive Julien can be.The man with the scar walks over and he's bulkier than Matthieu.

"I'm Henri and tell me if little Don gets on your nerve.I'll handle him" he says with a wink.I ask who little Don is and he tells me Julien making me laugh.I might torment him with that name forever.Henri looks menacing but seems like a jokester just like Frederic.

We sit and I ask Angelo how they know each other because they seemed more like old friends.Matthiue laughs and tells me I'm observant.
"Well years ago I had a brief sexual relationship with his sister Angelina." He says as he scuffs in disgust
"I don't do relationships and I made it clear to the bitch.She was pissed that I would try to leave her and she tried to kill me more than once.She also killed some of my flings.Angelina was a spoiled child who couldn't handle rejection."Angelo laughs after he finishes.

"Matthiue,I told you my sister was crazy but you didn't listen.Since that day I don't think he was invited to any of our family events." Angelo and Henri start sharing stories about the ways she tried to kill him.

The laughter dies down when we hear footsteps and my aunt enters the room.
"Mistress Sam." Henri says looking shocked before he stands.Aunt Nat looks just as surprised

"Mistress Sam?" I ask and Matthiue laughs like he knows something we don't.Seconds later my mother enters and Matthiue stops laughing.He walks up to her and takes her hand smiling.

"salut mon amour (hello my love)" he says before kissing her hand and his lips linger a little bit too long.

He better get the fuck away from my mother.