Chapter 20

Julien

I sit in my office getting high as I listen to the reports on my shipments.I touch my stomach where Kiah shot me and wince.I can't believe she fucking shot me.I hear a knock at the door and my uncle and Henri comes in
"Smoking and drinking again" they say and I glare at them.Its all I do now.Kiah wouldn't pick up my calls and now the number isn't in service.I know her location with Levi the top arms dealer in the country.But Angelo warned that the guards were told to shoot if I show my face.Levi is a sneaky bastard and his wife is batshit crazy

My uncle takes a seat before me.
"Julien,What were you thinking? He asks and I don't even know myself.I was so pissed at Kiah that when the maid offered herself to me I accepted needing the distraction.It didn't cross my mind not to say no.

"I need her back here with me." I say not sure how to answer his first question and him and Henri stare at me.

"You know what I think" my uncle says but doesn't leave room for me to tell him don't give me his theory.
"Kiah is a strong independent and beautiful woman.She made you work hard to get her and it intrigued you.As a child you would get obsess about things you couldn't get or figure out.She didn't flinch at the lifestyle and she herself gets her hands dirty.With everything I listed she's Donna material.But Kiah also wants to lead and know that her voice and ideas matter.You acknowledge her strength but don't wish to use it even when she asks."

I try to talk but he raises his hand."Henri and I have say here and seen you dismiss her multiple times.She got angry but you say you know what you're doing." He ends and stared at me.

"I care for her she's perfect for me." I say growing annoyed and my uncle and Henri nods.

"How many women have you slept with after she left?"  Henri asks shocking me and I hang my head low.I slept with atleast two women.

"If you were completely wounded and wanted your woman back you wouldn't have been fucking others.I think you love the idea of Kiah but you're doing what all the other men in our organization does which is fuck around on a beautiful and strong woman and then justifying the action as anger or sadness.You expect her to be the diligent wife and girlfriend while you do whatever you please or you hide what you do. You got that hole in your stomach because you preached all the bullshit but didn't actually do your part.Thats why I wasn't mad she shot your ass.If your obsession with this woman is more for her qualities than actual love let her go.I don't think you're ready for a woman like her until you work on yourself."

I stare up at them and realized how fucked up I am for doing this shit.Kiah has a right to not want to speak with me and from what I know about her she probably still wants to shoot me.

"When did you guys get so wise?" I say with a smirk making my uncle and Henri laugh.

"We've lived and seen alot.I also see organization crumble from men who aren't smart or open to shit." He says and I nod.It's true I'm as ignorant as the other leaders.
"We really came here though to tell you that Levi's place was attack." Henri says and I'm shocked.Even though Levi place doesn't look like it it's a fortress.He assures me that Kiah and her family are safe.

"We've already pledged a partnership with the Vitale Mafia for their new Donna Alexandria Vitale." He says with a smile.So it's finally happening Kiah is taking her rightful place as head of the Vitale Mafia.