Chapter 27

Kiah

We pull up to the mansion armed and wearing bullet proof vests. I smile and shake my head at the scene before me.
"He knew?" My aunt says as we stare at over thirty men surrounding the mansion and Agostini isn't anywhere in sight.He knew we were coming,so now I wonder who was the snitch.I have fewer men than him but I was guaranteed they were the best from Levi and Lucio.
"Do it." I say into the earpiece. Seconds later a round is fired into the side of the house causing an explosion.I took a page from Levi and have men in the surrounding areas.Snipers start shooting as I signal the men to go towards the house.

I fire hitting two men as the rest of the guards surround me as my wall.
"Clear a path for her!" Julien shouts and my men start firing taking out any surrounding men.

"Shit! Grenade!" Frederic yells causing some of the men to scatter.It explodes as one of my men gets the door open.
"Watch out!" Lucio yells pushing me out the way and he gets hit by a bullet in his shoulder.I shoot the man and glance at Lucio concerned but he tells me he's fine.I hear gunfire Infront and behind.
"Kiah leave this to us and get that bastard." My mother says as she and my aunt keep fighting.

I don't have to look hard for Agostini when someone fires from upstairs
"Cover me!" I yell to aunt Nat and she fires rounds in the direction where Agostini is hiding.I get to the top of the stairs and he's gone.I keep my guard up as I walk down the halls.Shit there's atleast ten doors.
"What's the status downstairs? I need more men upstairs." They tell me it's almost clear just as Agostini  starts firing.I open the closest room and duck inside.
"Agostini stop hiding like a coward and let's end this shit!" I yell and the gunfire stops.

"Come outr and come to me then " he says and I slowly open the door not trusting him to pull a stunt.
"Let's go Kiah just me and you,no interruptions from your lap dogs." He says with a chuckle. We stand in the hallway face to face
"Remove all your guns." He says and we eye each other as we take out our guns.We stand tense with only the sound of gunfire.
"Ladies first" he says but I don't move.He sighs before charging at me but before he gets to me he romves a knife.

It misses by an inch slicing through my t-shirt.
"I knew you were a bitch Agostini.Hiding in the shadows for months under other men." I say to him making him angrier.He tosses the knife to the side and comes at me again.I do a side kick as he punches me  I duck missing his other punch and swipe at his leg making him fall but he drags me down with him.He wraps his hand around my neck and slams my head on the floor before punching me twice in the face.I groan in pain and try not to black out.I move my hand to punch him but he holds it in a tight grip.

I slam my head into his nose twice as I punch him with my free hand.His grip finally loosens as blood drips from his nose and mouth onto my face.I roll to the side and catch my breath before standing as I hear footsteps.I turn and shout to my family and nen
"Don't interrupt."

Agostini stands and eyes my family then smirks.
"Let's end this then." He says and I charge at him.I jump and wrap my legs around his neck and squeeze as I send punches to his face.He tries to remove my legs as he sends punches to my side then slams my back to the wall making me  release my hold. I ignore the cries of my mother as I stand and we send repeated blows to  each other's body.
"You bitch." He groans as I elbow him in his throat making him fall to his knees as he tries to breathe.I feel my body about to give out but I push through and walk up to him.

"End it." He rasps and I step towards him.In an instant he moves his hand to his backs and pulls out a dagger. I reach for the knife he discarded earlier that I tucked in my pocket for a moment like this. I slice it across his neck as he stabs in my stomach.We stare at each other as he bleeds and he laughs.
"I had an idea it would end this way." He says as he falls backwards holding his bleeding neck.I stare at him bleeding out until he stills.I grunt in pain and pull out the dagger from my stomach as I fall to my knees

"My Donna." Lucio says as he lifts me.I look around at everyone before it gets dark.

I wake to beeping and try to move but my body refuses.Shit everything hurts.
"Kiah! Oh my god " my mother cries and holds my hand.I try to speak but my mouth is dry and my tongue feels heavy.She gets me a glass of water with a straw and I glance at movement in the corner.Lucio is sitting on a chair and Aunt Nat is curled on a couch sleeping.My mother places the straw to my lips and I gulp greedily.She tells me I've been unconscious for a week and had them worried.

She goes on to tell me that while I was out there has been resistance from some of Agostini's loyal followers and even those that oppose me as a woman.Theres a number of guards watching my room and surrounding the hospital. I even created enemies from some of Johann's partners.

My mother and aunt has been giving out orders for attacks with the assistance of Angelo, Levi, Lucio, Pamela,Julien, Frederic, Matthieu and Henri.I move to sit up and they stop me.
"Kiah take it easy." Aunt Nat says as she stares at me concerned.I sigh laying back down.

"You're meant for this." My mother says and she retells what she saw below Johann's mansion.Women and men from twelve and older in cages.
"That shit was disturbing.I thought I-I mean we could go back to normal when this was done but I can't knowing about some of these men." She says looking angry.I can already tell what she pans to do.

My mother was always more of a fighter for justice that I am.I won't stop her for wanting to go after men like Ivan and Johann and I can't be there all the time but I'll support her when needed. They sit with me and feed me soup until they leave the private hospital room after some convincing.The entire time Lucio has been sitting in the corner quiet.I turn my head to him but his gaze is already on me.

"Everytime I turn or enter a room you're there.Why is that?" I say to him an he stands and walk to my bed.He brushes a thumb over my cheek

"You'll see soon." He leans into me and brushes his lips against mine before turning to leave.I watch as he retreats and smile as I think about the confusing man.