Chapter 25

Pulling up to Jin's restaurant I text Jimin that I just got there. I say to the driver as I get out, "No need to wait for me. Jimin is going to pick me up."

"Yes ma'am." He says and pulls off.

I walk into the restaurant and smile. It smells so good my stomach starts to growl.

"Sounds like you're looking forward to my food. As you should." Says Jin with a smile.

I can't help but smile back. I love his confidence and charm. " Jin, can I hug you?"

He looks at me.... "If you must." He says and opens his arms to me. I walk straight into them willingly. I can't help it; he gives me older brother vibes and since my family sucks I'll gladly take him and keep him.

"I have everything ready for this tasting. I'm glad that you're letting me have creative leeway with dinner. That saves us both time. The cake is going to be a beautiful surprise. I picked a few flavors for the cake. All I need from you are your taste buds."

He leads me to a table in a private room. I have a seat in front of four cakes.

"This is a lemon raspberry cake. It is a lemon cake with fresh raspberry filling. I can also make it with fresh raspberries in it so I made both and you can tell me which one you like best. Personally, I would go with the raspberry filling. I can do the other as cupcakes on this side if you want."

I taste it and it has a delicate lemon flavor and the puree is heightened by the delicateness of the lemon. I try the one with the fresh raspberries and agree that the puree has a better taste and overall mouth feel.

"Next is a pear and chocolate cake. This is a pear cake with chocolate filling. I feel that the soft pear flavor would be hidden if I did a chocolate cake instead."

I didn't think you could make a pear cake taste so much like pears. The chocolate added dimension and complexity. It was delicious.

"Lastly, we have a hibiscus and apple cake. I made this one because Elise said you didn't eat flowers. I said you would and I'm always right."

I looked at him because Elise was right of course but I'm not going to tell him that. Jin can be very stubborn when he wants something. I put a piece in my mouth and the tart hibiscus flavor reminds me of cranberry or pomegranate. Because it's not a sweetly floral flavor, it works well with the apples.

I look at him and he smiles and says, "The trick was to soak the apples in hibiscus syrup then I made a hibiscus and cream cheese filling."

"That is so good. I wouldn't have guessed it was a flower."

"Your taste buds are welcome. Now which one do you like best?"

I sit and think for a minute. They were all great. Elise knows which flavors I love, which is why he knew which cakes to make. He also wouldn't make something that the guys hate. I honestly can't choose.

"I choose all of them. I can't pick just one. You put a lot of thought into it, and they are all delicious. Besides I'm greedy and the guys let me be and I want them all."

He claps and smiles, "That my dear was the right answer. Your taste buds know who's boss....and that's me."

After we decided on the rest of the desserts, I called Jimin and told him I was done, and he told me he was on his way. Jin walked me to the front of the restaurant

"You don't have to wait with me. I don't see reporters lurking and Jimin said he's about 5 mins away."

"I would feel better if I waited with you. Nothing can happen to you on my watch." He says as he opens the door to walk with me outside where there's a bench too so we can sit and wait.