Chapter 18

The last few weeks have been great at work. Hobi and Jimin came to work with us for a week to make sure that everyone could see that we are united, and nothing phases us. My blog is still booming. I have had a little trouble with the fans but it's easy to just block them from having access. I don't pay attention to the fan blogs or gossip rags. They don't affect our relationships no matter what they have to say so why give them the time of day. I also have faith that Jimin's company is handling things.

I finally talked to my mother and unfortunately, she asked me to bring the guys so they could meet her. I told her we would come. I know she's up to something, but I couldn't say no because dad asked to meet the guys too. He has always been my rock and has my back even if he has to deal with mom later. I miss him so much, but mom is unbearable for extended periods of time. I just can't be around her for too long.

The only sore spot is the progress that I can't seem to make with this account, I keep hitting dead ends. So, I'm on my way up to fill Joonie in on what's been going on and what I've been able to find.

I smile at the secretary as I push the door open. Joonie has the phone to his ear and looks shocked.

"You got a minute?" I ask to stepping into the room.

"I was just going to call you."  He said, looking concerned.

That made me look at Yoongi and ask, "What's wrong?"

He says, "We've just been told that a board meeting has been called because embezzlement has been found." Then he looks at Namjoon.

"What are you not telling me?" I ask looking between them both.

Joonie stands up and walks around the desk to me and says, "They say it's you that's doing it."

"WHAT? I would never do anything like that. I was coming to tell you the same thing. I found it a while ago and I made some progress on trying to find who did it but I'm at a dead end."

Namjoon looks at me clenching his jaw. He says, "Why didn't you tell us when you found it? This wouldn't have happened because we would've found them by now."

"I wanted to bring you a name. Not just accusations. It's part of my job to be able to do that." I say defending myself.

Joonie reaches out and hugs me and says, "Baby, I'm not saying you did something wrong. I'm just saying that if we had known this we could have worked together and avoided this."

Yoongi walks to my back and hugs me and says, "We are in this together. We don't believe for a second this is something you could ever do. Now just believe we have your back."

They step back from me and I say, "I know you do. I'm just used to having my own back. Just bear with me and keep reminding me and I'll get it."

Walking in the boardroom I was a little nervous. The board consisted of 7 members including Yoongi and Namjoon. These 4 men and 3 women made all the major decisions when it came to company business. What if they don't want to hear us out? I know the guys have my back, but I will not put them and the company against each other.

"We see that everyone is here. Let's get started." Namjoon says as he has a seat. He points to the seat between him and Yoongi. I sit down with all eyes on me.

"We received information that someone is embezzling funds from the company. Her name is Alana Daniels, an accountant in the Finance department. Is that her?" A man in a blue suit said.

"Mr. Dwyer, I'm assuming you have some proof since you called a meeting without bringing it up to me first?" Namjoon said, sitting back in his chair."

Yoongi leans in and whispers, "Dwyer has it out for us. Any way he can make us look compromised he will. He's been after the spot of president for years now, but he can't beat Namjoon at business. Watch how he's going to be the main one talking. A few others back him but he thinks he runs something other than his mouth."

I lean in and whisper back, "So I assume Namjoon is going to handle this?"

He was about to answer me when Dwyer said, "Ms. Daniels, do you have something you would like to say to us since your whispering?"

Who does he think he is talking to me like I'm a child? Snapping my eyes to him I say, "Not yet but I will when I'm done talking to Yoongi."

"I don't think you understand the seriousness of the situation. You are implicated in stealing money from our company. You are facing some serious jail time." He said.

Namjoon leans forward and says, "Allegedly. This is all allegedly unless you can produce proof."

"As I stated earlier we received information, an email to be exact, about this. It shows account information and proof of deposits from a few of our bigger accounts. None of them are enormous amounts that would arouse suspicion and all of them are in her name." he says pointing at me.

"Did you bother to check to see if it matched our systems? The password logs? Did you check anything instead of immediately calling a board meeting? We have a security system for a reason Mr. Dwyer." Namjoon said, clenching his jaw. It's hot as hell too and he knows it because he glances at me and smirks.

"This is proof enough to put her on leave until we investigate it thoroughly. We all know you're in a relationship and we want to make sure you can keep business and personal separate." He said with a slight smirk.

Oh, he thinks I'm hiding behind my man. I was fine sitting here and letting Namjoon handle this, but he is acting like I'm not an accountant at all.

I stand and say," Mr. Dwyer do you know how long I've been an accountant?

"No." he says looking irritated.

"8 years. I've been with this company for 5 years. I wonder how long the evidence says I've been embezzling?"

"Luckily, it's only been for the last few months." He says. He adjusts his suit jacket like I'm wasting his time.

"So, it says I started around the time that I met Namjoon? That makes no sense because we're soulmates and we started our relationship that day. If I were hard up for money, wouldn't I just ask him for it? You would have given it to me right babe?" I say looking at him.

"Do you really have to ask?" He says leaning back in his chair looking far too pleased.

"What about you, Yoongi?"

"What's mine is yours and what's yours is yours?" he says with a shrug

"You might have started it right before you met him for all we know. We have to investigate it to know for sure." Mr. Dwyer says, looking nervous.

"Ok, but as an accountant why would I put the accounts in my own name? Why would I use my own passwords to access those accounts? I just found out that someone was stealing money, but I didn't find a name or accounts. I was bringing what I found when I had to come to this meeting." I say turning to look out the window.

"That's convenient." He says as a rebuttal.

I inhale to clear my mind. I have two options right now. I could sit and allow them to try and use our relationship to push my guys around and out of their positions or I could cut them off at the pass.

I turn back to them with a smile on my face and say, "You know I have been thinking about a career change. As you all know I have a blog that is doing rather well. I also don't want my relationship to affect the company. So, don't worry about me taking a leave. I quit as of two weeks ago.