Chapter 33

After a few moments of debating with himself, Sakusa developed enough courage to move from his corner across the room towards the group of first years consisting of Komori, Atsumu, Osamu, Suna, and Ginjima.

Sakusa: Hello, everyone. Mind if I join?

Komori: Of course not. Here you could stand next to me.

Osamu: Hello, Sakusa. Nice to see you join us.

Suna: Hi.

Ginjima: Hello.

Atsumu: Hello, Omi–kun. Good to see you no longer alone in the corner. Although there's nothing wrong with that if you feel comfortable doing so. We won't fault you for not interacting with us. We understand not everyone is as social and we'll respect your boundaries, just say so and –

Osamu: Tsumu...you're rambling.

Atsumu: Oh, am I? Sorry, Omi–kun. Samu, I just didn't want what I said earlier to be the reason he joined if he didn't want to himself.

Sakusa: It's okay. I came over here on my own accord. Also, could you not call me Omi–kun. It's kind of embarrassing and I prefer being called Sakusa. How would you feel if I called you a lame nickname like...Atsu?

Suna: I wouldn't say that if I were you Sakusa–san.

Ginjima: Yeah, especially around these two.

Komori: Why do you two say that?

Atsumu and Osamu were going to respond to Sakusa by defending the name "Atsu", but they became distracted hearing familiar voices in the distance.

Atsuko: Mama, over there! I can see the boys' team. Let's say hi to them before we head to our seats.

Mama Miya: Atsuko–chan, slow down! There are many people here. I don't need you accidently bumping into someone and hurting yourself. Why don't you and the other girls hang out with them until it's closer to their game while all the adults secure enough seats for everyone.

Mrs. Ojiro: I think that's a good idea. Anna–chan be checking your phone. Dad and I will message you the location of our seats.

Mr. Ojiro: If their coaches ask you to leave the team alone or y'all become too loud y'all better make your way over. We don't need everyone thinking negative of all of us or the boys.

Miyake: Ojiro–san is right. Just because we're at a volleyball tournament doesn't mean y'all still don't represent Inarizaki High's basketball team.

Everyone: Yes, we understand.

Shiori: No need to worry. Momoka and I will be around the girls the whole time. As their captains and upperclassmen, we'll make sure they behave.

Mrs. Ojiro: Thank you, Shiori–chan, Momoka–chan.

Mama Miya: Well, we all better hurry now if we want to find decent seats. Atsuko­–chan wish your brothers luck for me okay. I'll see you in a little bit.

Once the adults turned around, heading in a different direction, the girls quickly made their way over to where the Inarizaki and Itachiyama teams were gathered. Atsuko, Sana, Anna, and Mao joined their fellow first years, while Momoka and Shiori went to the second and third years.

Atsuko: Hey y'all. This place is crazy. We had no idea the volleyball nationals were this big.

Sana: No kidding it's way bigger than our basketball nationals. How many schools are even here? Do y'all know?