Chapter 8

Saturday the next day, the Miya household woke up early in preparation for Atsumu and Osamu's first volleyball game. Their buzzing excitement from yesterday's basketball game had not died down, instead increased tenfold.

After a bickering and laughter-filled breakfast together, Atsumu and Osamu got ready to leave for pre-game practice, and Atsuko helped Mama Miya with a few chores around the house. Once Atsumu and Osamu had everything for their game, they said goodbye, walking together to school. At this point, there was only an hour until Mama Miya and Atsuko had to drive over for starting time.

Mama Miya: Well, now that the boys are gone, what do you say, the two of us have some girl time before the game?

Atsuko: Yes! Should we watch the new show you wanted to see? Oh! Should we make signs for Atsumu and Osamu to bring with us?

Mama Miya: Atsuko, that sounds like a good idea, a little arts and crafts moment.

After agreeing to make signs, Mama Miya and Atsuko went on a quick trip to the crafts store. At the store, they bought two plain fans and materials to decorate. When they returned home, Mama Miya did the basic part writing each of the boys' names on a fan, allowing Atsuko to go wild making the fans colorful as she watched, occasionally giving suggestions. In the end, their names were written in the middle with big letters - Atsumu's surrounded by fatty tuna drawings and Osamu's onigiri. By the time the two finished decorating the fans, it was time to head over to the game.

The entire drive to the school, Atsuko was happily seated in the back, a fan in each hand, waving them around as cheering practice. When the car was parked, Atsuko quickly unbuckled, opening the door successfully. Unlike her brothers, Mama Miya didn't feel a need for child safety locks.

The two walked to gym one where a lot of people were seen coming in and out. Entering the gym doors, they turned to the side, walking up the stairs to the second-floor viewing area. Compared to the basketball game, the volleyball audience for the home and visiting teams were livelier and more organized, with school banners hanging over the railings and noise makers in hand.

Mama Miya and Atsuko stopped somewhere along the railings, near all the people who came to support Yako Junior High. Not long after situating themselves, Sana arrived, standing next to them.

Sana: Hello, Miya-san, Atsuko.

Atsuko: Hello.

Mama Miya: Hello Sana, glad you could make it to watch.

Sana: Wouldn't want to miss it. Are those signs for Atsumu and Osamu?

Atsuko: Yeah, we made them before the game. Want to hold one?

Sana: Sure.

Random Man: Hello, are you here to cheer for Yako Junior High?

Mama Miya: Yes, we are.

Random Man: Would you like a noise maker?

Mama Miya: Oh, thank you...?

Random Man: Miyake...Miyake Tani.

Mama Miya: Thank you Miyake-san.

Random Man: You're welcome...?

Mama Miya: Miya...Miya Namiko.

Random Man: Ahh. I've never seen you here before Miya-san.

Mama Miya: I'm a new parent to Yako Junior High. My two boys are the ones who look like identical twins but they're triplets. Which of the kids on the team are yours, Miyake-san?