Chapter 23

With sports practices canceled for two weeks, the Miya triplets walked to school together. While walking, they discussed how they would host their group study sessions. Osamu figured they would not, or at least he would not be able to focus on an empty stomach. As soon as they return home with the entire group, he will go into the kitchen to make some snacks. Meanwhile, Atsumu and Atsuko will clear and set up space in the living room for everyone to lay their schoolwork.

Agreeing with each other, they happily entered the homeroom, greeting all their classmates and friends. The school day carried on normally, with teachers teaching new content while reminding them what to keep in mind for their final exams. When school was over, all of the first years waited for each other to finish packing, leaving campus grounds as one large and loud group.

The walk to the Miya household was quite eventful, with some expressing excitement in studying, resulting in some glares, groans, and hits. The majority looked at them like they had two heads because nobody should be that excited to study for exams, which could make or break their chances of starting at nationals.

In what felt like no time at all, but really fifteen minutes, the entire group arrived at the Miya household. After taking off their shoes, Atsumu led everyone to the living room, Osamu went into the kitchen, and Atsuko went into their room to grab textbooks.

Their living room was set up with a long coffee table in the middle, surrounded by two chairs on either end and a three-person couch, all facing an entertainment center with a large television. Everyone placed their bags on the floor, with the girls claiming the couches and the boys left with the floor.

A few minutes later, Atsuko entered the living room with books in hand.

Atsuko: Okay, here are the textbooks. We got math, science, and history. I'll just place them on the table for now until we figure out who is going to study which first.

Sana: Nice. We should probably split up into which subjects need studying the most. Like whoever plans on doing math first, go to one end, science the other end, and history in the middle.

Suna: Am I the only one who noticed we're missing someone? Where's Osamu?

Atsumu and Atsuko: Kitchen.

Sana: He's making food, isn't he?

Atsumu and Atsuko: Yup.

Anna: He's making food for all of us? As in nine people, all alone?

Ginjima: Shouldn't y'all go and help him?

Atsuko: Oh no, not unless we want today to be our last day. I don't know about you, but I would like to see another sunrise.

Atsumu: Yeah. Over the years, we've learned better than to face Samu's wrath without Mama around. Especially in the kitchen where knives are involved.

Suna: You're probably just saying that because you can't cook.

Atsumu: Uhh...I'll have you know Sunarin, every Miya is capable and excellent at cooking. Thank you very much.

Atsuko: Yeah. Mama made sure none of her kids were incompetent when it came to cooking. We've been helping in the kitchen since late elementary, early junior high. Osamu just happens to be the best and enjoys cooking the most.

Sana: I can attest, having known the Miyas all of junior high. They are, in fact, all great cooks.

Hiyori: Well, that's smart of your mom to teach all of you how to cook from a young age.