Chapter 16

A few days had passed since the practice game against Fushichou High. The first years slowly felt their voices tiring out, but there was a significant improvement in how vocal they were on the court. The team was currently eating lunch, sitting around in various groups, when Atsuko suddenly groaned in exasperation, lying flat on the floor.

Atsuko: Ughhh, I just remembered today is the day the volleyball team is playing a practice match.

Hiyori: That sounds like a good thing, so why are you groaning Atsuko?

Sana: She's groaning because we're stuck in here practicing instead of watching her brothers.

Mao: Ahh, that makes sense.

Anna: I get what you mean. I'd rather watch my brother spike than do anymore of Coach Inoue's intense practice drills.

Momoka: What about Coach Inoue's drills?

Sana: Oh, nothing captain. We're just talking about how we're here doing Coach Inoue's drills when the volleyball team has a practice game we can't attend.

Momoka: Ah, I see. Wait, why are all of you talking about the volleyball team? I understand Anna and Mao because I know they have older brothers on the team. I saw them play in games last year, but I don't recall seeing any Miya, Matsumoto, or Sato.

Mao: The first years are our classmates.

Atsuko: My brothers joined this year.

Shiori: Ohhh, what's going on over here?

Momoka: Hmm, it seems the basketball team has more relations to the volleyball team than we thought.

Shiori: Really who?

Momoka: Atsuko.... Wait a minute. Did you say your brothers joined as in, more than one?

Atsuko: Yes. I have two brothers. We're actually triplets.

Shiori: Interesting. Well, captain, would you look at that it seems game celebrations will become more chaotic.

Hiyori: Shiori-san, what do you mean?

Shiori: Well, little ones, Anna, Mao, and Atsuko aren't the only ones with brothers on the volleyball team. As a matter of fact, Momoka and I both have younger brothers, Akagi Michinari and Kita Shinsuke, who play.

Anna: Woah! Kita-san is your brother? From the few times I've seen him, you two seem so different.

Momoka: Haha, they do, don't they? Shiori seems like the younger one, right?

Shiori: Hey! I mean, you're right, but I thought we were friends.

Momoka: Only friends! Do I mean nothing to you?

Atsuko: As much as I'm enjoying this drama unfolding, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to refill my water bottle.

Momoka: Okay. Don't take too long, we'll be starting up again soon.

Atsuko grabbed her water bottle, getting up from lying on the floor. She went outside the gym to one of the nearby water stations. When she was at the water station, in the distance, by gym one, she saw a large group of boys in an unfamiliar yellow-green tracksuit. None of the team noticed her presence or could be heard being quite far away. Observing the visiting team, she noticed all of them were tall. She was confused, trying to figure out where or who the libero was, since they're usually the shortest on the team. By the time she was done refilling her water bottle, the team had finished making their way into the gym. Closing the tap and her bottle, Atsuko walked back to the gym.