A Dark Dream

Rock Lee

He smiled, despite the constant pain on his head, he smiled; while he didn't know the guy- Shikamaru very well, he still looked like someone who helped his friends and Shinobi of the Leaf and didn't stand by and let them die as long as he didn't get a scratch on his skin, that was something Lee always appreciated.

To him, that was how a Shinobi should always be, good, generous, and humble, saving people who couldn't protect themselves.

Seeing the guy, His Shadow Jutsu stop dozu, made him release a sigh of relief; otherwise, he might have needed to use the gates to get out of this problem.

As he was thinking about getting back to his team, he heard a chuckle; turning around, everyone saw three Shinobi approaching them.

At first look, they looked normal, but the Iwa Emblem made him wary; he knew they had bad blood with the Konoha since The Fourth had obliterated over 1000 of their Shinobi within minutes.

His sole focus was on the guy of the group. He didn't know why but he felt a shiver on his body, and his whole body was giving out bad vibes to him.

"This is very interesting, isn't It" Lee shook his head; he thought perhaps his hearing was more messed up than he had previously thought, but he heard the way his last word came out of his mouth.

Glancing at everyone else, he noticed everyone else had noticed his strange tone as well, looking at him again. He saw the two girls behind him who didn't look shocked or bothered by his strange voice; he figured they knew him extremely well.

From the corner of his eyes, he saw Sakura lying on the small opening at the bottom of the tree, and her legs were messed up, especially her nose.

I should get him away from here, Lee thought; he still didn't know if the Iwa team were here to cause problems, but if they were here for that, he needed to get them away from Sasuke and Sakura they were injured and needed help.

Before Lee could utter a word to the Iwa team, the guy in front took a step forward; his right eye turned dark like the darkest Abyss.

"Who wants to go First?" Lee felt a sudden wave of cold all around him; the air itself felt heavy, almost trying to push him to the ground, weighing down on him; he felt his bones almost popping out from his body, he clenched his teeth tightly, almost breaking them, as the pain spread through his body like a hammer breaking him.

He heard the sound of a glass shattering; he looked up to see himself in a familiar place, his breath sticking on his throat, as in front of him, stood himself, a much younger version of him; Lee remembered this day better than he wanted to remember it.

"Why am I so useless?" The young Lee cried as he kept trying to do a clone, Lee saw himself still trying to do the hand signs over and over again, but to no avail, nothing was happening.

Lee, for some time, had thought to give up, but his dream to become a Shinobi had pushed him to heights he had never seen before.

Lee was about to walk forward and confront him when he heard footsteps from behind; he didn't need to turn around when Gai walked past him, the young Lee was lying on the grass hugging his legs when a strange Guy kneeled in front of him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Who are you?" Lee asked, turning around, wiping away the tears from his face, putting up a brave face.

Gai smiled brightly and helped him stand up. "My name is Gai; how about I help you a bit?"

Lee felt happy at the memories; that was the first time meeting Gai-sensei; at the time, he had never thought that he would become his Jonin sensei; Lee watched as his sensei started showing the young Lee the different stances of Taijutsu.